QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Helen I can understand why the thought of surgery worries you while you are so overweight. I think every one is different but in my experience it did n't make any difference to surgeries I've had to have - I've had 4 c-sections, appendix, gall bladder, two weightloss surgeries and surgery for a dental problem and through all of them I've been 25+ stone - I know its not idea to have surgery when you are overweight but I do think sometimes problems are exagerated. When I went to have my dental surgery 3 years ago they delayed my op as they wanted the consultant aneathatist (oh lord my spelling) to do my op and when I saw him he went through all the issues he might have etc when I saw him after my surgery his exact words were 'there was no difference between putting you to sleep compared to a person of normal size'

I'm sure you will be fine but don't let the doctors scare you too much, I think in this day and age they have to act more cautiosly to protect themselves.

Hi all, I have read back a few pages just to see how you all are. Well done for all the losses and thanks for some yummy looking recipes :D Ive had a busy couple of days and am revising for an exam on tuesday so its all a bit mad round here. diet is fine though. i had some unplanned mcdonalds tonight but syned it all so i am happy with that. couldnt believe how restrained i was to be honest. it would have been better if i utterly resisted but i have done loads of that and it was nice to see i can taste stuff without going OTT and all that. Im a happy bunny and feel i am really getting there this time :)
Helen, I hope those who have tried to reassure you have helped you to put aside some of your fears. i have had some operations while big and they really do take extra precautions and look after you. i really doubt they would do an op if they thought you wouldnt be ok. xx
I hope you all have a lovely weekend xxxxxx

Hi everyone

Thank you very much for all your reassuring words about my operation, I will try not to think about it anymore until Tuesday.

Anyway, back to weighty matters... I had weigh in this morning and lost 4lbs!!! Yay! Makes up for the STS last week.

I am a happy bunny today

Helen x

well done Helen that fab!!

Oooo!! Well done Helen! That's a fabulous loss! I'm very sorry I didn't comment on your operation post. Very rude of me! I hope the lovely ladies on here have helped to alleviate their fears regarding the anaesthetic. I had a couple of minor operations when I was younger, and I was big then, and they do really look after you and make sure that you're ok. And like the ladies have said, they wouldn't allow you to have the op if they didn't think that it was safe, and just as importantly, beneficial :) Our best wishes will be with you hun.

Sian xxx

Well done Helen! Fab loss :happy096:

Re your operation - as everyone has already said, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about........not that, that will stop you! :D

Louise, C Sections are a walk in the park. I had an epidural for mine so I was awake, and the theatre staff were talking about a party they had gone to at the weekend! Then they started putting their orders in for a takeaway :eek: One nurse said "Oooo I bet we're making you hungry talking about food" I said "no, but I wouldn't mind a vodka and tonic" :8855:

That's the only time I've ever been in hospital or had anything done.

Louise I didn't put any weight on while I was pregnant because I went off food :eek: Infact once my son was born I was 2 stone lighter! LOL

Anyway........good morning everyone :D What a bootiful morning it is too! I'm on my second load of washing, I've been for an hours walk with the dogs, I've got a minted lamb casserole in the slow cooker (yum yum and drool lol) and I've done 30 mins on the Wii so far!! Get me! :8855::8855: I've even had a dash round the local market to stock up on fresh fruit and veg :angel09:

This week has flown by :eek: It'll be my WI day before I know it! It soon comes around eh? :D

I've been day dreaming about Christmas this morning while I was out with the dogs. I was just imagining how much lard I can shed between now and then and what a difference it will make :D I got all excited :8855:

Hi there, can I join your team?

A little about me - I'm 41, recently separated, with a 9 year old son. I've got 6st 1lb to lose and am determined to get it off! I've lost 3st before now with SW (and then put it all back on, and more besides!), so I know it works.

I can't get to a club at the moment - adjusting to life as a single parent means it's not easy to get out in the evenings, plus I work full-time and I now need to watch the pennies.

I'm going to be following green days mostly, but am also interested in understanding more about EE, as that wasn't an option last time I dieted with SW.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all!

Spanx

Afternoon all!

Firstly, welcome Spanx! We've got a lovely little (or not so little) team going on here, I hope you enjoy being a part of it! :D Everybody's very supportive, and as we're all in the same boat, we're in if for the long haul :)

I've been following EE for the last 7 weeks (bar 2 or 3 Green days), and other than the last 2 weeks I haven't been doing too badly. What would you like to know about the plan?

Right then ladies - I've posted my first recipe in the recipes section. Chuffed with myself, lol! :8855: It's for syn free (on EE) Chicken and Sweetcorn soup (Chinese style), but you could use a HexB choice for the chicken. It tastes almost as good as the soup from a Chinese takeaway, but it doesn't 'cost' 7.5 syns or whatever a standard portion is from the Chinese!

That's my dinner sorted tonight :)

Sian xxx

Ooooo get you Sian :bunnydance: You'll be teaming up with Gordon Ramsey next and publishing a book! :D I shall take a shifty over to the recipie section and have a neb :D

:welcome2: Spanx, good to have you in our super team, I hope you like it here :D I've been where you are chuck so I know it's not easy being on your own at first. My son was 7 when I divorced his dad and he's 18 next month :eek: The first year was a bit strange, but I had good parents who did the school run and babysitting etc while I was at work. I quickly got used to my 'new' life.......infact I love it so much I don't ever want to get married again :eek: lol But we're all different aren't we? :)

Anyway, a big welcome to you and if there's anything you want to know about EE (or anything else :D) just shout :)

Welcome Spanx! I have been doing EE mixed with a few red/green days here and there, so as Sian has already said, let us know your questions and we'll see if we can help :D

I had a mahoosive breakfast this morning and now I'm already hungry again... I think SW is turning me into the incredible eating monster lol

If anyone is wondering where Starvin Marvin has disappeared to, well mystery solved, he's been staying at mine for the past few days and now its weekend he really is in my face!

I know how you feel pinksparkly, I've just finished my lunch and I'm still sooo hungry! Worst bit is I'm having chinese tonight so I know I need to save all my syns for that! Arrrrgh, looks like I'll be heading for the Alpen Lights.

Managed to clock up 2 hours of exercise on the Wii this morning but it does look like I'm going to fail the challenge. Got an hours swim tomorrow morning and then possibly an hour or so on the Wii. Will try so hard to go out later for a long walk or something .....but its World Cup and being the saddo I am I like to watch as many games as possible! I suppose I could do the free step though while watching....hmmm, lightbulb moment.

Hope you're all having a good day xx

Afternoon ladies
Hello and welcome to the newbies :welcome2:....
Well done on the loses :party0011:
Helen -hope your op went well.... I had my 1st ever general before xmas and I was fine (not sure about the poor ******* that had to lift me once I was out cold though :8855:)I had my op done sitting up..very odd-not that I remember it....and I had a wire slid in behind my heart to keep an eye on that, one into my neck to check oxygen levels and one to track brain activity (I think I have that the right way around) -but I don't know if that is standard practice as Im was out here in Germany and I sooooooooo prefer their hospitals :eek:
Chelle -you won't fail the challenge -you might just have "not quite finished in time" ;)-non of us fail.... we just take a differnt route :D
"OH NO" starvin marvin found you :eek:.... I wondered where he had gone...hope he leaves you soon.
We are watching the grand prix qualifiers and then the England match(although I will be meal planning at the same time) -I like to watch F1 although the drone of the cars makes me sleep :p-I prefer to watch the moto GP though

well we got our walk around the golf course this morning -we were on there at 6:30am and it took 2hrs 50 mins -so hopefully that will help with the weigh in tomorrow -unlike the bleepin impending * week :8855:-still these things can't be helped...

I made omelettes for lunch and Im concocting meatballs for dinner -Im doing pasta with hubbies -but Im having mine on steamed cabbage nomnomnom...

Right I will get off and make the meatballs so the can sit in the fridge before we want them..
Have a lovely afternoon all and I will pop in again later :D

Afternoon all.:)

wow so many new posts to read and catch up on.
welcome spanx :welcome:.
well done helen on your loss thats great,and try not to worry about your op,easier said than done i know,we all worry.
going to do a bit on the wii in a bit :8855:;).
looking forward to the england match tonight:D:D:D.
hope you all are having a good day.xx

Hello everyone!
What a lovely day!! First in a looong time!! I love a bit of a sunshine, thinking about holiday as my DH is off for two weeks in September. We were thinking about Turkey this year, as it is still cheaper than the rest of the Sunny Europe, has any of you lovely girlies been to Turkey before? I was thinking about Kemer, any thought on that? We are not a party animals (anymore :-D) so looking for something more family orientated, any suggestions?
We had a lovely and a very filling breakfast this morning, and now is time for a dinner - crispy salad and flamegrilled chicken mmmmm
Come on England!!!

Well I've finally gained some perspective about my weight loss today. I went shopping and picked up a 7.5kg bag of potatoes - which works out as 16.5lb. In 1.5lb time I'll have lost that much. It felt really heavy!!!!!!!!!! I think it was the kick up the backside I needed after feeling so sorry for myself for the last 2 weeks :)

So please give me a slap in future if I moan about my weight loss!! :8855:

Sian xxx

I shall now call you Spud! :D lol If you ever get down in the dumps over your losses again Spud, just go find summat rather heavy and plonk it on the scales! Instant perspective = a smiley face :D

I've never been to Turkey Kasia so I don't have any words of wisdom for you I'm afraid. Would love to go though! lol

:eek: I've only done 30 mins on the Wii today :eek: And I've no intentions of doing anymore until tomorrow :p:8855: I've spend nearly all flipping day doing housework, so I'm gonna sit on my ample bahookey with a glass of vino (a big 8 syn one :D) and watch footy :p lol

I may need a days extention on my exercise challenge :D

Sian alias Spud LOL - 16.5lb wow, well done!!!! Ichecked your receipe for a chicken and sweetcorn soup, sounds really good!!
Welcome Spanx on board and good luck with your weight loss journey!!

Right, footie is on and I am searching on net for my holiday in Turkey what a lovely evening :-D

Come on England!!!!

Back