QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Hello all

Just thought I would let you know that I survived my anaesthetic - still at hospital at the mo

I will have to call today a flexi syn day though as I had to have my dinner here and it was a cheese sandwich and allsorts. Yum though!

glad you are ok :D i had a cheese sarnie as well today. yum!

I had my 2nd WI tonight and lost 4lb and i got SOTW. Didnt realise i could get that on a 2nd week (assumed 1st wi didnt count) so was really surprised and embarrassed. i would really like to get over the shyness of getting any praise. i wanted the ground to open but i should have felt proud. i just wanted them all to stop looking at me :eek: maybe thats something to work on. I also did my final math exam tonight and am really pleased with a productive night :D hope you are all well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

didnt see your loss then laura. well done :D i know how hard it can be when the black curtain is trying to take over (thats what i consider my depression to be - havent had it for a while now though) but you are fighting it and doing amazingly. that makes you pretty darn amazing as far as I am concerned. xxx

Morning all,:4635:

I hope you dont mind me keep dropping in.

Congratulations to those that have had a result, it's such a great feeling when you are heading in the right direction.

Had a good day yesterday, so it has put me in the right frame of mind for today! So, the mince is out defrosting, all I need to do now is think what I'm gona do with it lol

Morning all!!

i had my weigh in last nite!!!

i lost 5lbs!!!!:eek:

i also got my 1 and half stone sticker and slimmer of the week!!:D

tanny that is amazing, well done :D

how about some homemade burgers with salad tanny? or chilli. might be a bit warm for that though. glad you had a good day yesterday.

Wow Tanny, what an awesome weight loss, bet you are well chuffed.

I am back on plan today after a (very) Flexible Syn day yesterday - going to do a Red Day to try to atone for my syns and also practice some portion control as I seem to have been eating mountains of food for the past few weeks.

Have a good day all.
Helen x

Tanny..... whoooo hoooo!!! that is a great weight loss.

Well done to you girl:)

Well done Karen, Tanny and Laura - and anyone else with losses reported this week that I might have missed! Fantastic results!

I'm feeling very proud of myself after I managed to stick to about 8 syns during a meal out at a Harvester last night. Also, I went for a walk in my lunch hour yesterday and used the stairs all day at work (I'm on the 5th floor). Great oaks from little acorns grow and all that!

Well done Karen, Tanny and Laura, well done to all the losers :)

Sian- my period is going crazy as well, dunno why, but I am pretty sure everything will calm down soon

I followed my plan this week pretty well -I thought, I refused a very yummy chineese and a very fatty kebab ( husband had it both, not at the same time though :)) and I still gained 1lb!!!!! I had to go for the evening weigh in instead of my morning one, and my Consultant said later that it is normal, but I was not a happy bunny (because of that I had last night some chocolate and white bread, funny think is I couldn't finish my sandwich as it was to much haha)
I still feel down and demotivated .......eh

Afternoon all

Well done on the losses ladies :happy096:.....
Kasia -Don't let that itty bitty lb get you down as your consultant said -you do weigh heavier in an evening -Im sure it will register next time you weigh in at a morning class. Just don't get down and undo your great work ;)

Well done on sticking to your syns when eating out Spanx-If Im honest I hate the idea of eating out :( -not because Im a "large marge" -but I love cooking so when we go out for meals I sit there thinking "I could have done THIS -or better at home" for a fraction of the price :eek:... and now add in trying to choose something "syn friendly" into it and Id rather not bother :rolleyes:. When I read of people who are happy/willing to go out and have jacket spud and beans :eek: -Id rather stand bare ar*ed in woolies window :8855:(not something I would obviously inflict on the world)-but you get the idea :p. I think I will stay in with my SW books and cook something yummy instead (for now anyway)- my attitude might change :eek:
Patsy -drop in as much as you like flower...you should never be short of someone to rattle to on here ...there are some chatter boxes (not me of course ):whistle: just jump in and join in....
Karen-hopefully your confidence will grow as you shrink... and until then.... try and fake it ;)..once you "pretend" to be confident a few times it gets easier. Im not particularly an out going person -but I know its my weight that holds me back....as I get smaller no doubt I will get louder (you have all been warned :sign0151:)
Dudette -how about throwing an egg into the fish cakes -that should help and help them together. Or a dollop of quark .... nice n free and tasty.
Im going to have a go at salmon fishcakes -I love salmon -hubby isn't overly keen -but with a few aded extras he will cope :D
well here is my brekkie -I have become obsessed with porridge with nana and mixed berries -it is soooo tasty

and I have had lunch so in a moment Im going to get a plate of melon mmmm

and for dinner Im doing salad with 198g steamed potatoes and as we have some brisket left from sunday -we are having that on it -hot mmmmmmmmmm

rigth -that is enough jabber...have a great day everyone and hope those that are a little quiet (like they can get a word in edge ways :p)are all well
Talk soon folks

I know what you mean Capricorn - that's why my meal ended up being 8 syns, because I chose something I wouldn't normally make at home. They did have plain grilled chicken on the menu, with JP and peas, but I thought I would feel cheated if I had that!

It was a big thing for me to be able to eat out and not go mad - never done it before, always ended up pigging out!

Spanx -Im following you :D-I have just been on your diary ;)
When we used to go home to visit family it we were always out for meals and the fellas used to laugh at how we always started at the back of the menu.... it logic -you start by picking your pudpud(cos there is NO WAAAAY you aren't going to eat it:p).. then your main course and then the starter -which is decided according to what your main is... simple really :8855:
me, my mum and my niece agreed that it was because women obviously have a special pouch in their stomachs that is kept for pudding to go in -so no matter how full we are -there is always room for pud :D
The last time we were home (before I started SW) I actually chose my main -left some and THEN chose a pud -and left some :eek: -
I would love to go out and be able to pick what I want -because I want it and not because I have no control or because "im being good" -does that make sense? :confused:
To go out and just think "this is what I fancy" and that is that and then just adjust the other meals for the day... thats what thinner people do isn't it!!!

It was a big thing for me to be able to eat out and not go mad - never done it before, always ended up pigging out!

totally agree with your sentiment. I feel more proud of myself for showing restraint in tricky situations than for being 100% good when not challenged. the fact I can say no or make better choices is the biggest surprise ive had thus far - much more so than the weight i've lost until now lol

Afternoon

Capricorn- thank you for the support I am desperately to make it work so I am super good today, my problem is I do not exercise as much as I should, but running after my 3.5 years old gives me less energy that I would like to have at the end of the day ( excuses, excuses, excuses)

I also agree with you ladies, what is the point of going out and having a jacket potato with beans, even my husband can cook it! when I am out I love to try new things, something I can later make it again at home and hopefully in SW way
and hey Capricorn I don't kow how slim people think I was never one :-0, maybe they don't think about food as much as fatter people do?

oh yeah my lovely girlies on Monday my son and myself we are off to Poland for three weeks, different foods, lots of lovely (in my opinion :))dishes, how am I going to cope with my plan??? :-( any tips???

Well I just tried my first new recipe of the challenge - an adaptation of the Hot Trout & Potato Salad from the EE Cookbook.

I have to say it was really nice, and very filling - good SW fayre! Very easy to make too, not much faffing.

I am actually doing a Red Day today but it worked out fine, as I just took the New Potatoes as a HEXB.

I thoroughly recommend it if anyone else fancies a go!

Helen x

Hi all,

I've just done my first new recipe challenge: Britmum’s creamy pasta
[FONT=&quot]Serves 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Free on Extra Easy and Green (if you syn or HE the ham)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ingredients[/FONT]
2 cups of uncooked pasta (I used the tri coloured one)
3 slices of ham, chopped
4 heaped tablespoons of quark
1 crush clove of garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
mixed salad leaves
fresh chopped basil
[FONT=&quot]Method[/FONT]
Add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and simmer until tender.
In a bowl mix together the chopped ham, quark, crushed garlic cloves, black pepper and paprika.
When pasta is ready, drain and stir in quark mixture.
Serve on some mixed salad leaves topped with fresh basil.
You could also add a HEa serving of cheese if you have one spare to use.

I hadn't had much veg today, so I fried some mushrooms and cherry toms in olive fry light and had smoked ham instead of ham.

Overall, it was quite nice. This is the first time I've used Quark, and I think it will take some getting used to! I don't usually have creamy pasta sauces either, so maybe it was just a bit too creamy. It made loads though, more like 3 portions than 2, probably because I'd added the mush and toms. I'm going to take some to work tomorrow and have it cold for lunch.

I also made up my 2nd new recipe, as I was using my mini blender for the garlic and basil, and both recipes use it:
[FONT=&quot]Alternative pesto sauce posted by Mummy Helen:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Cup basil leaves
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp fat free (ground) parmesan cheese[/FONT]
I couldn't get any fat free, or reduced fat parmesan, but have added about 50g, so it will count as HEAs (it made 2 portions). Will tell you what it tastes like tomorrow or I might save it until Friday as it will make a v.quick tea when I'm rushing around trying to do everything before the footy starts!

Here's the recipe for you Kasiapelaxia

Smoked trout and potato salad
(Serves 4 but I just adjusted the portion sizes) 1/2 syn per portion on EE

312g New Potatoes, halved
Salt & pepper
6 spring onions, sliced (I used chives instead)
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 celery sticks, finely sliced
2oz each of green & red grapes, halved
6 tsp each of fresh dill & mint (I didnt use mint)
312g hot smoked trout fillets

For the dressing
4 lvl tbsp extra light mayo
100g fat free natural yoghurt
1 heaped tsp mustard (I used one with mustard seeds in)

1. Boil the potatoes for 10-12 mins. Drain and leave aside to cool

2. Put potatoes, onions, tomatoes, grapes and herbs in a bowl.

3. Remove skin from trout and flake into the bowl with everything else.

4. Mix the dressing ingredients together. Season Well. Pour over the salad and toss all ingredients together then serve.

Yum and just as nice with salmon instead of trout.

Back