QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Afternoon all

Spanx-trust me -its only walking with hubby around the golfcourse that gives me lots of steps...
Losc -when I looked it up they reckoned 10,000 steps a day for a healthy lifestyle :eek:...just been looking and they say the aveage stay at home persone will probably only do 2-3000 (thats me :p).... and to try and increase your steps by 500 a day until you are at 10,000
You nurses should clock them up pretty damn fast :D

ohhh bum -I cross posted....

i've got little legs so i'll be fine lol

Tee hee, oh dear what do you think i should aim for then. When i am in work, i do not stop, seriously just running all over the place! its really fast paced, but that means on my days off, i tend to just chillax! What do you think if i aim for 4000 per day then, and see how that goes. Am on nights from tom, so my steppage will be lower anyway, as hopefully the patients will be asleep!!! and like someone else posted, we could keep the challenge ongoing and gradually increase our steps? xx

yeah i think its a good idea to each gauge what we normally do first as committing to 10k steps is a big ask it you usually do 2k lol

Well, when hubby is at work I only really get a good walk on a Saturday (I sound like a pet pooch :p) and then only if there isn't a golf competition on-so I might set a weekly target :confused:
We are "dog sitting" for about a month -so that will help as we will have to walk her ...
Now just to decide what target to set.... since I got the pedometer last week -my normal day is about 3,000 steps :eek: -so I will ponder it and come back..
oohhh and don't forget folks -the heavier we are the more cals we burn :D-there had to be 1 upside to being big :8855:
my pedometer reckons I burn approx 500cals for 10,000 steps

ha ha, yes you do sound like a little pooch dont you!!! Getting a good run around of a saturday!

I have just put my pedomater on, so far have done 296 steps! so i will see how i get on! bet i only do 1000! xx

Good day everyone, sorry I've not posted for a couple of days, I've had a friend to stay and it makes things a little complicated.

She is following the plan aswell but for some reason instead of helping each other and doing the plan together we always seem to go totally off track and really are a bad influence on each other. She arrived on Sunday evening and I've basically been off plan since then - don't get me wrong, I've not gone off plan and had mad binges ect and I've not even had any chocolate but I've had too many syns in things like alpen light bars and snack a jacks and some biscuits too and last night I had 4, yes 4 ferroroche and got caught in the act by my hubby who got up this morning and took the rest of the box to work with him. I've not even dared to stand on the scales but I'm sure tomorrow is n't going to be anything positive but I'm ok about that cause I know why I've gained if I do. My friend is going home tonight so I need to really get myself in check and get back on plan and stop all this self sabotague.

Well done fo all the losses I've been reading about, every one is doing so well, so much better than me. I'm feeling pretty disappointed with my self but I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll be totally back on track and have a decent week.:eek::eek:

Hello all

Just thought I'd pop on and say hello - havent' been on here for a few days as work went all busy and stuff boo...

Anyway I am on plan this week and doing well, despite being stressed and miserable on Tuesday, which would normally make me fed up and eat.

Tonight is Steak and SW Potato Wedges with Salad for tea, yum! :)

Nothing else to report so I'll bog off now for a bit!
Helen x

evening all

Well -we went and took the dawg for a walk... 45 mins and just over 4000 steps -mainly up blinkin hill - one of those l-o-n-g sloooooow drags it is.. now when I did it last (last year :eek:)It bout did me in... so I faced it with trepidation..and well :bliss:I almost skipped up there (slight exageration of course :8855:) at one point hubby even asked me if I was in a rush as he reckoned I was going so fast :D ....so Im a very happy chappy ...we have said that even when the dog has gone we are going to do that most evenings... *those steps will be mine*:sign0151:
Hubby won some money on the bandit again so I have an extra €50 -so Im just trying to plan what to treat myself to :confused: :p.. I have a racket sport game for the wii coming from amazon (out of hubbies lasat winnings ;))and I got the pedometer.... but I think I want it to be something to help keep me on the straight n narrow .. sure I will think of something.
Alia -I have a friend back in the UK and whenever we see each other we think "food" :8855:-guess its just what we are used too...Im sure you will get straight back into it...
right Im off to drink my cuppa
have a great evening all

wondering what to have for tea..... made quorn chilli last nite was very tasty! think there was a spoon left in it so may have that! with a baked potato i i can find one! I used tesco meat free mince for the chilli instead of proper branded quorn and i must say it is just as good as quorn quorn and you probaly get twice as much for your money! I feel like i am getting back on track now.... have been well and truly of the road the last few days but I just have to put this behind me and keep a positive view!! It can be daunting when I think of how much I have to lose (still over 10 stone) But Thanks guys as just reading all the posts keeps me going! If it is to be, it is up to me!

Evening all!

Sorry I haven't really been on for a few days! Work has been mental with nearly all the reports to do over the last couple of weeks. Still doesn't really seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel :( as the marking has piled up. Arghhhhh!!!!

I just thought I'd add my WI to the list:

WEIGH IN DAYS!

Saturday
Louise
Spanx

Sunday
Capricorn
Surreygal

Monday
Patsy
Chelle
Corsacar

Tuesday
Bev
Laura
Karen

Wednesday

Thursday
Stacey
Debs

Friday
Sian (dudette) - all on my lonesome, sniff sniff!

I though there were other Friday weighers? Maybe I'm wrong :)

I'm feeling really uninspired this week. I don't know what to cook, I can't be bothered filling my food diary in, I've been taking a sandwich to work this week and I've been hungry every day, and with WI looming in the next couple of days I don't appear to have lost anything. In fact I seem to have put weight on :cry: I don't know whether it's eating more bread this week or not. Who knows!

I must sound terrible to all of you, I'm always moaning. I'm just feeling like I'm never going to get anywhere :( I'm feeling envious of everybody and a bit disappointed that nobody (other than my close friends who know I'm dieting) has noticed that I've lost weight. I'm also going to be moving house in just over a month and I haven't worked out how to tell my live-in landlady. I can't even say I'm moving closer to work as it's further away, but I'm moving in with a good friend from work. I just don't want hassle for the next month but I'll have to bite the bullet soon and tell her otherwise I won't be getting my bond back. Can't afford to lose £350. She's hardly been the most welcoming person this past year, so I don't suppose she'll really care whether I'm here or not!

Bev - did you mention you might be moving? Lidl are doing strong packing boxes from this Thursday. Up to 40kg capacity. There's a normal type of box which is £1.79 and a book box that is £1.49

Hope everybody's well anyway.

Sian xxx

Evening all you lovely ladies

How are we all doing today?

I leave the site for 24 hours and I miss 3 pages of messages, weight losses, inch losses, exam passes and a scary mention of 10,000 steps :eek:

Congratulations on all the good news. Your weight losses will be added to the weeks tally, which I will reveal Sunday night (with a drum roll please lol).

I don't work Wednesdays so I've been trying to sort the jungle out which passes for my garden today. The weather has been gorgeous. Then of course I watched the football and the boys did us proud. I know there are some anti-football team members on here, so I won't go on, but I love my football! (and any other sport you can think of).

Well, it is my birthday on Saturday and I've got family coming to stay. I'm planning on a little treat off plan but I'm not going to go mad. What I was thinking though is...I want to make a birthday cake, but a SW friendly one. Does anyone know of any good recipes? If anyone could help that would be great.

Keep up the good work guys and I'll catch up with you soon xx

Last edited:
Hi Sian, didn't see your post. I was wondering where you had got to!

Hope everything settles down at work for you soon. I suppose you've only got a month until the summer break, so there's a glimmer of a light for you.

Don't feel like you're always moaning, I feel like that too!! I always come on here saying I've swayed off track, I'm feeling down, I'm not going to lose, etc etc and to be honest I'm feeling like that again now! I am blaming the weather. It's too hot to think of hot dinners and so I end up just picking at bits. I also think I have a problem with water retention in this weather, my ankles and feet are really swollen. Not going to help with WI.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to just go off about me again lol. Chin up hun. I'm sure you're just feeling this way because work is so stressful at the moment so you haven't had time to plan and organise your eating. You've not gone on a binge, so fingers crossed, it will all come right in the end.

No advice on telling the landlady, I'm always a scaredy cat so know how you feel. Couldn't face telling work I was pregnant and going on maternity leave until I was 20 weeks gone! Good luck with it though, the sooner you do it the better I guess x

Thanks Chelle! You're not always moaning at all! I think your posts are very uplifting :) The weather doesn't help with eating I have to agree. Last thing we all feel like doing in the blazing sunshine is slaving over a hot stove! :D

Like you I also suffer from water retention. I can hardly get my ring off at the moment! Have you tried HRI Water Balance tablets? They're a herbal diuretic and ok to take if you want to maintain a normal body fluid balance. I virtually interrogated the pharmacist to make sure they were safe to take with my BP pills :8855: I think they have definitely made a difference! Haven't taken them for a few days which is probably why my fingers look like Elton John's! :8855:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a loss for you hun. I think we all deserve it for being so good and resisting all the naughty things :) I've been staying within syns every day, so I can have the satisfaction of knowing that I've been 100% (well, say 99.9999999% ;))

Sian xxx

hey everyone and well done to you losers and hugs to all who arent as happy with there results ...i went to weigh in this week thankfully he didnt go ...i lost 4 and a half and got my stone award so at least thats one positive

hey everyone and well done to you losers and hugs to all who arent as happy with there results ...i went to weigh in this week thankfully he didnt go ...i lost 4 and a half and got my stone award so at least thats one positive

well done! 4.5 is brilliant AND you got a sticker. i love those darn stickers and am hoping to get my 1 stone one next week. otherwise i'll just get all pouty and jealous about yours :D xxxx

LOL Those sticker award thingies are fab! It's easy to see how the 'sticker system' works on naughty kids isn't it? :8855:

Good morning everyone :D Looks like another bootiful day ahead. I've just come back from my morning walk with the dogs and........I blinking well forgot to clip my pedometer on :( SO, I will do the exact same route tonight and figure it out from there! I need my baseline :D lol I think my step count will be quite high as it is, but I shall work on getting it up to 10000 if need be :D

Hope you all have a super 100% day! Must dash the shower and work are beckoning ;)

Morning girls,

Well done to all who have dropped the pounds:party0011:

Looks like another sunny day! Its like having a week in Spain! :8855:

Had an ice cream cone yesterday and a big bag of popcorn! :eek:Guess who will be swimming double lengths today! Did enjoy it though.

Went out with friends last night (diet coke) had enough treats for one day. One of them is thinking of starting a buy in diet, costs around £150 A WEEK! Jees, just think of all the nice food you could have on SW at a fraction of the cost.

My order arrived yesterday from Joe's butchers. Free sausages and burgers plus spiced chicken (you have to order 6 things to be able to use on line shopping) Will let you know what there like.

Right... time to get daugher out the door to work! Well someone has to go! :8855:

Back