QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Laura, just seen your stats- you have done so well x

Dr's scales are hopeless, I feel your pain! He ordered some more for me that only went to 28 stone so still didn't work lol. Oh well, they do now.:)

Don't worry about the number, it'll be less in a day or two.:D

Hello all! Welcome to the new princesses - hope you find advice and inspiration here, I know I do!

Lesley, well done for going to WI and facing up to the gain! I'm positive you will have it off in no time!

Capricorn, you are making me feel very lazy! The only exercise I have done all Christmas is a few walks to the shops and back... must do better in January!

Laura, lovely to see you! I've hovered around the same weight all of December too, but, compared to previous years, when I've probably gained half a stone over Christmas, a 1lb gain is positively saintly! I'm sure you will get to WOTY this year - you're already a huge inspiration! x

Well done Cornish! Even if all of your 4.5lbs wasn't actual loss, but a difference in scales, you still must have lost over Christmas and New Year! Congrats on the new shiny and here's to the next one!

I've been out and done a fruit and veg shop this afternoon, so no excuses for not being 100% back on plan this week. I've got some friends coming over on Weds night and have even turned down a curry and offered to cook something healthy! That, coupled with the fact I made my son a cheese toastie for lunch and didn't even have a crumb, means my halo is shining brightly today!! :angel09:

Ok, here goes girls. I weighed in at 24 st 1 1/2 lbs, so was pretty spot on with what I thought I was. That is the last time I weight that amount- full of motivation. Having a tooth out tomorrow so I guess that will stop the munching for a bit!

Well done for facing up to it Lucia and, as you say, it's the last time you'll weigh that!

Hope the tooth (or lack of) doesn't cause too many problems. I found cous cous lovely and easy to eat when I had mouth problems a couple of months ago and it helped with a good loss too.:)

Welcome to the new ladies:welcome:.

Congratulations capricorn on your 100lbs loss that's super duper duper:D.

Sts for me this week which i'm more than happy with.I'm feeling better and ready to shift some lbs.Hoping to see a loss this week:).

Laura nice to see you:).You are already such an inspiration with your weight loss so far,i'm sure you will get to woty.

Lucia good luck for your first week,you will soon shift those numbers on the scales.

Cornish well done on your loss.

Good for you lesley for getting back on track,i'm going to do some wii just dance later.Brush up on my disco moves lol.

onwards and downwards.
xx

Good evening ladies :)
Fresh back from first WI in three weeks and have lost 2.5 lbs over those three weeks.
Am very chuffed and came home and had SW friendly dinner, then had a bath and had MAJOR nibble so ha a bloody piece of cake! Now thankfully my mum us sat with me and so out of pure pressure I only had a tiny slither but I feel so silly, so I need a kick up the backside girlies!
Welcome to all the newbies. I look forward to getting to know you :)
Am starting my exercise regime again tomorrow. Starting small and building up...wish me luck!
Hope you are all shrinking well :) xxxxx

morning me lovleys!!!

last night was 1st night back in work, so i though I'd share the dawn with you all, also i know you will have missed my caffeine:coffee: overdosed ramblings :eek:!!

if I'm honest as it was my 1st night back it was probably my 1st day back on plan.....well you cant eat when your asleep:zz:. so I'm not overly optimistic for this evening weigh in:busted:! but i am guaranteeing my self that by the end of the month i will have my 3 stone shiney!!:asskick:

how you getting on with the Wii fit Sweet pink?? kids changed their mind an wanted band hero instead :brainfart:, but jumping round the room like a chubby Jeff Beck with boobs is deffo good cardio work out, and if not its still highly amusing:crazy:!! Fresh did u manage to get one or did the car win? I'm postponing getting mine till my feb (council tax free month).
well done to everyone who has had losses this week:party0011:, big big fabtastic Capricorn:wee: on the 100lb! an well done to every one who didn't loose but isn't giving up, we'll get it all off together!

Sian i totally had a thing for Christopher Plumber too! but noooooooooo to the Robert Redford thing!! Alan Rickman depends on the part, but I've always had an older man thing:heartpump: hehehe maybe I'm gonna start having a toy boy thing as i get older!

big welcome to Lucia, Orion an Aaliyah:welcome2:

Laura cant wait for WOTY, you know I'm gonna be bouncing round class yelling "I'm in her team on mini mins!!!":banana dancer:
i know quite a few of you don't go to class an i think you amazing for doing so will with out the added support, maybe we should have our own awards:winner: for you as well lol

right bed time for me :nightf:
have a fab day all
xxxx

Happy belated New Year to you all.
I managed a small gain over Christmas and the New year but I'm back on from today...like others I've missed real food...even while shovelling rubbish down my throat!

Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

I would love to go to a sw group but there aren't any where i live. there isn't even a general weight loss group here so no choice but to do it online. think going to class would help a lot. glad i have this place for the extra support tho!

Have a good day all :)

Can I join in? Currently got just under 6 stone to lose. I was a success story but now I feel rubbish for putting it all back on again after a very stressful year training to be a teacher. Hoping that this time its for good! Got a brilliant local consultant and rejoining on thursday although started being good today.

Everyone on here has done AMAZING! Hope I can be a success story again :D

Welcome to Lucia, Orion & Aaliyah!!! I'm sure you'll be shifting those pounds in no time at all.

Grumble & Jiggly the wii is going fantastic. Me & hubby (who doesnt need to shift a bean :rolleyes:) turn it on every evening when the kids go to bed. Grumble dont worry about doing it in front of your hubby coz I was a bit worried about that too but you'll soon get revenge when you get him to do yoga!!!! ;) I have done between 400-500 calories everyday on it except last night when I didnt get on at all (sorting out a work drama) I'm definately feeling it..well...everywhere... but the pain is gradually getting more bearable!!!! :eek:

Unfortunately the scales didnt share my enthusiasm this week despite a good 2 hours exercise a day & being 100% on plan with no drinks at all on New Years Eve they only showed a miserable 0.5lb loss :cry:Maybe they'll reward me down the line & its just my body adjusting. I'm not expecting a huge loss next week either as I have 2 days this week of set meals & airport food but I'll hopefully manage to make good choices when I can & only eat until I'm full no matter how good it tastes :rolleyes:

Capricorn, well done on your 100lb loss. Thats absolutely fantastic & sooo inspirational for the rest of us too. I'm dying to know what you think of the raisers for your balance board. I love the stepping so it would be great to get a bit more impact when doing it.

Laura, woman of the year would be fab & you soooooooo deserve to be up for it :D

Well done to everyone else too. I'm sure we can all be big losers in 2011 with eachothers support

Welcome to Custardlipstick too. The more the merrier :D

Hello princesses!

Lucia - well done on taking the first step! It's horrid getting on the scales in front of anyone. I used to hate it at group and even my ex-hubby never knew how much I weighed. You've done the hard part, now enjoy what SW will do for you!

Surreygal - well done on STS over Christmas and New Year! :happy096: Hope you have a good week this week!

Corsacar - well done to you too! :clap::clap: A loss over Christmas and New Year is something to really be proud of! Hope you're enjoying your exercise regime - what are you doing?

Jiggly - hope your WI went well! It's good to have your morning posts back!

Vegemite - good luck for getting back on track this week! I too had a gain over Christmas and New Year, but I've managed to get back on track with two 100%, low-syn days, so feeling back in the groove!

Aaliyah - you must live in the middle of nowhere! You will get lots of support, advice and inspiration from Minimins, I'm sure it's as good as going to class, well, it is for me anyway! You might find it helpful to keep a food diary or a weight loss diary, or join one of the weekly WI threads for whichever day you WI on - that will give you something to aim for each week, or at least prick your conscience to stay on track!!!

Custardlipstick - welcome! You've done it once, so you can do it again! I lost 3st with SW about 5 years ago, but put it all back on and more... I'm determined to get to target this time though!

Sweetpink - you know what they say - half a pound a week is nearly 2 stone a year! I know half pound losses can be disappointing, especially when we think we've had a good week - hopefully your hard work on the Wii will pay off next WI. I was exhausted just reading your post!!!

Hello to everyone else and hope you're having a good week! xxxx

Good Morning all and many thanks for all the positive comments! Despite struggling to get back into the swing of work yesterday it felt good to get back into some semblance of a routine at long last! :D I had a good day SW wise although HAD to have a chocolate fix about 2pm - I really don't know where that urge came from as chocolate never really bothers me but I did have a real energy dip at that point so I fed the beast with a 6 syn breakaway from the 'team meeting' biscuit tin which I keep topped up anyway! Other than that my day was couscous, fruit and pea,ham & extra veg soup so I was quite proud of myself overall! I ended up dragging my pillow and a spare duvet down to the couch at 1am cos OH is still suffering with his 'man flu' and I couldn't sleep with all the sneezing, coughing, snorting and snuffling. The spare bed wasn't made up and I didn't have the energy to start that so the couch it was - with the recliner out it wasn't too bad and I have managed 4 hours so that will do me. I think I've said welcome to all the newbies, congratz to all the losers and hope the 'putter onereres' like me regain their motivation so that's all for this morning - must get dressed and head for work! Have a great day everyone..... :p

Morning....
After a not very great start yesterday, I'm back again today. It always seems to take me a little while to get back into the swing of things.

So I'm going for a 100% day today. I've had some shopping delivered so it shouldn't be too hard.

Hope everyone else has a good day.

Aaliyah - you must live in the middle of nowhere! You will get lots of support, advice and inspiration from Minimins, I'm sure it's as good as going to class, well, it is for me anyway! You might find it helpful to keep a food diary or a weight loss diary, or join one of the weekly WI threads for whichever day you WI on - that will give you something to aim for each week, or at least prick your conscience to stay on track!!!

lol middle of nowhere pretty much describes it. I have a diary and have joined a few challenges. will join the thursday weighers thread tomorrow. ohh quite nervous for the first wi not sure what to expect!

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Back in the land of the living today after the dreaded tooth taken out yesterday, blimey it was as dead as a dodo so better out than in!

Gone SW mad now the kids are back at school today. I have made veg soup for tonight and will do garlic mushrooms with it for us and bacon sarnies for the kids. I have a big SW goulash bubbling away in the slow cooker for friday as it is better a bit mature and I have cleard the freezer out and found a nice piece of gammon so will cook that on Thurs.

Hubs has gone out to work today after the Christmas break full of motivation asking me to get a lorryload of quark today to make that lovely pudding again!

So it's great to get everyone out of the house and going to have a good old hoover and clear up to some loud music in a min.

SW quiche, salad and jacket for lunch.

Have a fabby day everyone- what are you all up to today?

Hi all, glad to see most of you who fell off the wagon (like me) getting at least one leg back on if not the whole bod. vegimite and lesley, I know how you feel, I always find it a struggle to get back on the straight and narrow as I want to eat the world after a naughty few days and salad and stuff just don't scratch that itch!

Capricorn, I am liking the sound of the wii fit stepper!

Sweet Pink
, sorry you're dissapointed with .5lb loss, I know with all you're doing on the Wii fit you'd expect more but maybe it'll come off next week? Sometimes our bodies take a while to adjust to change!

Aaliyah, good luck for WI tomorrow, it may not feel as you've lost anything but trust me if you've kept to the plan the first week WI is a huge suprise (and usually a good one) for most people!

Lucia Lucia, what lovely pudding do you meant with quark? (if you don't mind me asking) I have two tubs in the fridge that need using up! As for what I am doing today, not a hell of a lot, kicking around the house as the kid and I have got Hubbs man flu - he's the sharing kind :D

Hi to anyone I missed out, keep going and here's hoping there'll be less of us all by next WI!

Think it's Silly Sausages recipe to serve one

1 tub Quark

2 teaspoons lemon curd - 2 syns

1 meringue nest - 3syns? mix all together

I adapted it to bring the syns down a bit and put in 2 teaspoons lem curd, 1 meringue nest, 1 and a half tubs quark, juice of whole lemon, and the finely grated zest, 2 teaspoons splenda. I shared it between two, making it 5 syns for the whole thing eg 2.5 each instead of 5 syns each.Tasted like a thick and creamy dessert, very yummmy!

Back