QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Well girls I am absolutely gutted...I've been a saint all week & I have ended up with a STS :mad: To be honest ever since I have started exercising my losses have slowed down big time. I know the benefits of exercise though so I am determined to stick with it but aaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhh (sorry that feels better to get that out of my system) Has anyone else found this?? I'm going to cut my syns down to 10 a day & see is this helps any. I'm trying to stay positive & look at the overall journey but its soooo frustrating :(

Afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is well.

Well done Capricorn and Surreygal! :happy096:

Cornish - great idea about totting up the weekly losses - sorry I let the side down with a STS - will hopefully do better this week!!! :D

Sweetpink, sorry your hard work doesn't seem to have paid off this week, but it will, at some point, so keep the faith and keep going! :) It might be that the exercise is causing your system to do strange things, but it will correct itself soon!

Welcome Cara - hope you find friendship and inspiration here - I do!

Well princesses, day 1 of C25K this morning and I am soooooo unfit! I think I need week 0.5, not week 1! Just about managed it, but my legs felt like lead at the end! Still, I am determined to get fitter, so onwards and upwards!

Thank you Spanx. I know that probably is the case & I know I'm losing inches so its not completely wasted. I decided to take my frustration out on my crosstrainer & done 5k so not all bad I hope :sigh:

I'm fascinated by this c25k... what exactly do you do in it?

Sweetpink - it's a programme to get non-runners from zero to running 5K in about 10-12 weeks. Not sure how much you would get out of it though if you're already doing 5k on a cross trainer!!!

You start week one with half an hour which consists of 5 mins brisk walk, then alternating 60 seconds jogging with 90 seconds brisk walking, (I think 7 times, although I didn't count!) then finishing off with another 5 mins 'cool down' walk. You must do it 3 times a week and leave a day inbetween each session. Each week then gets harder, with more running and less walking, until you're running 5K - or at least that's the idea!

My problem is a complete failure to stick to anything - hence signing up for a race for life - I'm committed to it, or else I look stoopid when my much fitter friends take off without me!

Well done for working out your frustration through exercise! x

Afternoon ladies ..
hello Cara and welcome to the mad house :D
Well done on the losses ladies....
Toni - my 1st set of scales are still "working" they are just so far off -they are boxed up now and are going back to the manufacturer.... I paid over €50 for the blasted things -so i want my money back :mad: I assume there must be something wrong with a sensor on them :confused:
sweet -I don't know what your meal plans are like -BUT, I think that my last weeks result was in part down to swapping my fruit around... as everyone know I eat masses of fruit, last week I decided to swap to frozen berries as I was doing my EE week experiment :p. so mid afternoon I would have some defrosted with yog on top, and the same in the evening -I found it felt like a treat and a pudpud, and it meant I actually ate less apples, oranges etc (which I do mindlessly :eek:) - berries are super speed too which helps, and even though frozen berries might seem a bit more expensive - it works out more economical than troughing the amount of fruit I can...
ooohhh AND -I have started having 1/2 a grapefruit before lunch and dinner (which I love anyway) -but they are super speed too plus it fills you up so you eat less main meal...
I don't know if it would help you -but it might be worth a try...
Spanx -its amazing how unfit you can still be isn't it :p, sometimes I go to do something the wii games tel me and OMG there is no chance :eek:..we will all get there though...
well Im boiling a gammon for tonights dinner -with home made wedges, fried egg and salad :drool:...... and Im baking hubby fresh white bread to have with his... slathered in organic butter :eek:.....
Anyway -I had better get off ..have a lovely day all...

Hi Folks and sorry been bit mad here. I had my weigh in yesterday and was gutted with a sts! The only thing I didnt do last week was measure my milk- so back using the jug in the fridge. The annoying thing is hubs lost 3 lbs and we ate pretty much the same. I am trying not to dwell on it, draw a line under and just keep on keeping on.

So I have done some cooking today and made a very carefully syn counted lasange to have with a big salad tonight and made some veg soup for lunches for the next couple of days. I have a whopping and I mean whopping gammon that I bought in Tesco just after Christmas and going to defrost that tonight and stick it in the slow cooker tommorow.

Onwards and downwards- salutes to all of you and hoping you are all having a better week on the scales!

Well ladies well done to those that lost. I STS this week puzzling when I've started exercising!
I need some reassurance, today, after lots of bad news. We found a flat that we loved and have put the holding fee down, references permitting we shall be moving next Friday. I am ecstatic and have announced a family takeaway to celebrate. And now feel incredibly guilty ad want to cancel. I know this is a plan for life and I know in the long run one takeaway won't make much difference, but I feel so guilty. But at the same time I want to celebrate and enjoy myself and that is what I will do, along with my low calorie wine :)
Just like to have people tell me that I won't be strung up at WI on Monday, sometime it just feels like that?! :/
Hope you are all well xxx

Think it must be the week for it as I STS as well and have also been doing a bit more exercise - not a lot I hasten to add........I need to break myself in gently! :p Congratulations to those who did lose though and Capricorn it looks like the EE suits you after all!
Keep smiling and hopefully next week will show on the scales! :rolleyes:

ps I'm Lesley01 btw - just had a change of name ;)

thanx so much for the warm welcome, its the big weigh in number 3 i only need 1.5lb to get my stone award, i would really love to get that tomorrow that would just be awesome in 3 weeks lol.

Cara, good luck for wi today :)

Lesley, great to see you back :)

Well I have decided to up to exercise (despite having rubbish losses since I started it :mad:) so I'm challenging myself to 5k a day on the crosstrainer at least 5 times week. I've todays 5k done already so I'm determined to see if upping the cardio will help me get a loss of any kind at my next wi. Apart from that I am feeling more energetic this morning already so surely thats a good thing. I'm still going to do my best to do 30-45minutes of yoga & muscle exercises too as I actually really enjoy the yoga & I really want to tighten my stomach muscles (they actually feel a bit like they have been ripped in two at the minute after 30 jack knifes yesterday!!!:() I suppose the fact that they are hurting proves that there is actually some stomach muscles in there after all!!! :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone weighing in today & onwards & downwards :)

Hey everyone, wow your all so good with your exercise I still dont do very much! Im definatly going to walk more though, My local tanning shop have the flabelos machine everyones raving about over here (vibrating plate) So Im going to walk there and have a go twice a week and also i loveee just dance on the wii so Im going to treat myself to just dance 2 and go on that every day.

I lost 3.5lb this week and got my 1 and a half stone award which im very pleased about :) x

x_stacey_x said:
Hey everyone, wow your all so good with your exercise I still dont do very much! Im definatly going to walk more though, My local tanning shop have the flabelos machine everyones raving about over here (vibrating plate) So Im going to walk there and have a go twice a week and also i loveee just dance on the wii so Im going to treat myself to just dance 2 and go on that every day.

I lost 3.5lb this week and got my 1 and a half stone award which im very pleased about :) x

Well done!! I'm still not doin loads if exercise either but gonna try and use the wii more. Not heard of the plate thing so you must let us know how that goes.

Well ladies WI tonight and I have been good so hoping for a good loss! Just got back from a job interview which went so well so I am on a high and I'm sure my double chin has shrunk lol!!! Which is a definite nsv! Lol!

Evening ladies!

Sweet pink, {HUGS} sorry to hear about your sts when you’ve been 100% and exercising too! Do you think your eating habits have changed since you started exercising?

I read a v interesting article in the you magazine a few weeks ago that said that studies showed that exercise actually made no difference to weight loss at all! :O :O!!! What the study basically said is that the two test groups they had, the one that didn’t do any exercise actually lost MORE than the one that did. Reason being is that the ones that did the exercise ‘compensated’ for it by having extra portions and extra treats and doing less other activities, like taking the lift when they would have taken the stairs, etc. Hence the question.

Spanx, so sorry chick, the total weight loss thing was meant to motivate, not single anyone out! Besides, you DID NOT let anyone down, well done for STS!! Good luck with the 25k thing too x

Capricorn, Thanks for the tip about the SS fruits, I find the frozen ones just as good as the fresh! Also, how did your gammon turn out, it sounded lovely!

Lucia, just remember men DO lose weight faster than woman – FACT (in CornishTT world anyway), my hubby started dieting same time I did and nearly double what I had!

Corsacar, you won’t be strung up on WI day providing you have stuck to your syns! We need to treat ourselves otherwise we give up and cheat mega and that doesn’t do anyone any favours! Enjoy your takeaway celebration!!

Chica (aka Lesley), love the name btw, a STS isn’t a gain, that’s what we all have to remember.
Welcome cara!

Stacey, WD on your new shiney and fab loss, enjoy the WII!
Good luck to Jayde on weight loss and your fab job interview, hope you get it!

Soz for long reply, onward and downward! x

Back from WI and lost 2.5lbs!!!also got my stone award so really pleased!

Cara, well done on a fantastic loss!!!!!!! :D

Cornish, I actually wish that I did eat more from I've started exercising coz then I would have an explanation but no the only thing I would say is that I have been making more effort with my 1/3 superfree which surely should have helped my losses. I might be drinking slightly more but I dont think that would make a difference...could be wrong though :confused:

I forgot to add that I went shopping tonight & bought some 16's!!!!! So my effort must be coming off in inches rather than lbs at the minute!!! Some comfort at least but I wish those scales would start being nice too :mad:

Morning all!

Cornish - I was only joking - my tongue was firmly in my cheek, so don't worry about it!

A huge well done to Stacey, Cara and Jayde on your fab losses, Lesley on your STS (loving the new name!) and Sweetpink on the size 16s! :happy096::clap::happy096::clap:

I did Week 1, Day 2 of my c25k running programme yesterday and noticed that I covered more ground - so either walking or running a bit faster! Also, although my legs felt like achy lead yesterday, they appear to be fine this morning, so that's real progress from the first run! It's really motivating to see progress in just two sessions - long may it continue!

Fell off the wagon a bit last night, as had friends round for dinner. I'd cooked some low syn pastas and salad, but one friend brought wine and the other brought profiteroles...:eek: Still, we had a good night, so the 23.5 syns weren't wasted!

Hoping for a loss at WI tomorrow, but not convinced I'll see one!

Hello ladies!! Well I got the job which is great and has taken the fear out of my redundancy! Only problem is that I went out to celebrate was really good and had salad but drank a whole bottle of wine and then ended up having 2 chocolate brownies and a slice of pizza when back home! Oops! Oh well I enjoyed it and have drawn a line under it and back on plan today, feeling very motivated because my consultant emailed me to let me know I was slimmer of the month and would get the award on Wednesday and she said she was very proud of me so I'm well chuffed!!

I love this team it is so motivating to see all the losses so well done all! We are all princesses already we just gonna look better in the future!!!

Back