QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Evening all!

Cornish - lovely to see you back! There's no shame in falling off the wagon, as long as you get straight back on track, which you are clearly doing. Good luck!

JJB - balsamic vinegar is free, where some people fall down is that there are a number of balsamic-based salad dressings, but they also have oil in, so they are sometimes high in syns.

Vix, I hope your WI wasn't as bad as you feared! Sounds like you have a great plan for the rest of the week, no matter what the result tonight.

Hope everyone else is having a great week! x

Thanks ladies for the clarification!

Well I got weighed in and lost 0.5 pound so I'm happy... it all adds up or so they say. Going away training next week and meals are all provided so I'm going to have to be cautious about what I chose to eat... hopefully they do heathly options. Fell off the wagon a little last night as had a work event and the only food option was pizza and as it was a late night I didn't have many options. Back on it today though and trying to be healthy. I've counted up my sins so I'm on minimal for the rest of the week. Missing the next two weeks WI's as I'm on holiday after my training so (hopefully) I wont gain!

Vix - I hope you're feeling better. Being ill makes me eat too - and not the healthiest options. Just jump back on the wagon and I'm sure you can make up for it! Hope the WI went OK!

Another 1lb off for me. I was hoping for a bit more but I'll settle for a lb as I am feeling a tad bloated today. Just another 2lbs to go & I'm finally under the 200lbs mark :D

I'm still doing C25K & thoroughly enjoying it as I feel soo much better afterwards & my measurements are decreasing which can only be a good thing! Even on nights I really don't feel like going out I really force myself as I'm finding it great for clearing my head apart from anything else. I cant remember the last time I had as much energy either & even had a peek at a marathon website so maybe in the future that is something I would think about if the kids were a bit older & at school so that I had the time to train properly. I cant even believe I'm thinking it & havent told my husband incase he'll think I've finally lost the plot!!! Maybe all the fresh air is going to my head!!!! :eek:

I hope all is well in princess land & fingers crossed that all your weigh ins give you the results you want :D

Well done for everyones losses!

I managed to lose 1lb after my week of picking and feeling poop so I was pretty relieved with that. I'm back on track now even though I've still got a nasty cough but its bothering me more at night than in the day so I'm doing ok. Stuck to my meal plans so far and had lots of speed foods and water...I just need to push myself more with my body magic again, since this cold I've hardly done anything and really should get back on it, going to try and get on the wii fit when I put LO down for her nap after lunch.

Hope everyone has had a good week and its nearly the weekend :D xx

Oooooo plenty of exercise was had
........... We walked for miles!! Lol
That's more than I can say for just now as I'm bk in hospital. Gallbladder flared up and I was brought in early hours thursday morning. I'm on w8n list for surgery. I am hvn to get morphine injections every 3 hours for the pain. Keep being.sick, hvnt ate for 2 days ..
.maybe.this will b good for sworld lol
I'm.hooked up to a drip in order to get my fluids.
Just wish that was all over and done with,.I can't do this anymore x

Oh no Debz that sounds awful! My mum and my sis both had gall stones and my sis had her when she was pregnant and couldn't take any painkillers then had the op 3 months after her son was born. Hope you get the op very soon. Hugs xx

Woohoo! Well done Sweet, jjb and Vix on your losses this week - onwards and downwards! :D

Debz - so sorry to hear you're back in hospital. Sounds like you are in exactly the same state as I was and I can well remember how painful and unpleasant it was. I ended up being in hospital for a week, on rehydration fluids and antibiotics, so I hope they manage to sort you out quicker than that! Push to have the surgery as quickly as possible - you'll feel much better once they've taken your gallbladder out. xxx

Cornish - well done on having a good week. It's amazing how we need to be in the right frame of mind to do SW - even though rationally we know that it works and that it doesn't feel like a 'diet', we still need to psych ourselves up for it! Hope you're back on track for good!

Well, I've lost 2.5lbs this week, so that's all the holiday gain gone and another half a pound besides! Really pleased with that and also noticed that I have now lost over 25% of my starting weight! I'm literally three-quarters of the girl I used to be! :D

Good morning:)

Lovely to see you post Cornish:)great to see you had a good week.

Debz so sorry to hear you are back in hospital.Hope you get your operation soon.

Well done Sweet,jjb,Spanx and Vix on all your losses:D

Exellent work Spanx getting your holiday gain plus more off :Dwell done.

Just popped on quickly this morning as my hairdresser is due here soon,I'm having a cut and high lights done can't wait! I find having your hair done so relaxing.

Well I lost 3lbs which took me to my new shiney:D I have still a long way to go but I really do feel this time I'm in the zone and I will continue to shrink :8855:

Have a good week everyone:)

xx

Woohoo! Well done Surreygal, you must feel amazing! :happy096:

Enjoy your hair cut and colour - all part of the glamorous new you! x

Hi, Just been reading through some of your posts and you are a real inspiration to each other, and wondered if I could join with you :) . I started SW on the 17th May 2011 and had my first gain last week, so was a bit annoyed at myself. It was only 1/2lb but was still a gain :( so need some help gettin back on track, WI tomorrow, and then fresh start on wednesday. Im 25 and a mum to 2 wonderful boys (4 and 1). I am 5ft 8in and the reason for startin SW, I hit 20st 1lb and realised I had to do something about it. I would like to lose 10st 1lb in total. So far Ive lost 9lb in 4 weeks, so startin nice and slow and steady. I might need a kick up the bum at times to get back on track, but you all seem to encourage each other really well and I feel like I could do with some of that from time to time, and am here to help others who are struggling too. Many thanks for reading my post, love Nikki x

Welcome gigglynikkim. I just wanted to say that youre starting stats are almost identical to what mine were. Good luck :)

Debz, sorry to hear you're back in hospital. Hope they get your op sorted for you soon hun

Morning all
Well done on the losses folks :clap:
Hello Giggly and welcome on board :D

Forgot to report in on Sunday -I lost 1.5lbs -so I am now just in the 12st bracket :bliss: -Im 12st 13.5lbs -but its in the 12s :happy036:

Well in "other news" hubby found out yesterday the date for us coming back to the UK ...so Operation "get to target" has been activated :giggle:-we will be back by the 9th December -although I plan on coming back a few weeks early to decorate the house etc...so I have 20 weeks to get to target -or as near as damn it :character00115: --*let battle commence* :whip:

CornishTT -yep -they are Billy Blanks -isn't he just so fun to watch -so up n happy -I got mine on Amazon -its these ones:-
Billy Blanks' Tae Bo: The Ultimate Collection DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Billy Blanks: Film & TV
Although there is no logic to the numbering -disc 4 is the basic -show you the moves disc, if you get them....
I did disk 2 and it works up a real sweat -I couldn't believe how well I actually did :eek:

I have been to the gym again this morning and then at 5pm me n hubby are playing badminton (I soooo love it)
I really really reckon that if you get a chance to try badminton you should grab it ..the weight from my legs n bum is just vanishing :happy036:..and best of all its great fun and doesn't feel like exercise at all ;)
Hope everyone is having a good week -

Capricorn, you are doing fantastic as always & I'm sure you will get to target in 20 weeks no problem!!!!

I'm still plodding away with C25k & enjoying it going up a notch this week. Just wish I had more time to get out more often. I'm managing 3 times a week at the minute but would love to squeeze even 1 more in. I have noticed my body wanting more carbs though so I have given in & am following EE this week but just keeping a really close eye on portion size. I'm hoping that it doesnt effect my WI too much so I'm keeping trying to remind myself that I actually lost most of my weight following EE (though thank goodness for red to kickstart the losses again!!!)

Hi everyone and welcome Giggly - hope you enjoy your stay!

Cornish, well done on buying a countdown - when I used to go to group I always bought one to keep me going. I also volunteered to help with WI, so I had another reason to make sure I went every week!

Capricorn, you are a marvel - I have no doubt that you will get to target in 20 weeks if that's what you've decided to do! I used to play badminton a lot, until I hurt my back, haven't been back to it since, but maybe I should give it another go! I agree that it's great for toning and doesn't feel like exercise at all!

Sweet, well done on keeping up with your C25k. I've got my Race for Life on Sunday and am hoping to run at least half of it...!

Managing to keep on track this week, although having a pretty stressful time as my Grandad has fallen over and is in hospital. :( I have had more syns than I would normally do, but will make sure I'm within the weekly limit by the end of the week!

Well done ladies on all your losses again!!

Welcome Gigglynikkim, I'm sure you'll find everyone on here a real support! Good luck for your journey on SW. My starting stats aren't far off yours either (I'm a bit shorter though) You'll get there and this is definately a good place for helping you keep on track or getting back on track if you've fallen off slightly. Keep at it hun.

Cornish, well done for biting the bullet and joining a class again, I know I couldn't do it on my own without my class, even if I'm not keen on the consultant, I just find everyones ideas and encouragement so motivating it really helps me have a good week, I definately notice if I don't stay to group I don't do as well.

Capricorn, you will get to your target in 20 weeks if thats what you've decided on, you're so motivated and well, just amazing! I'd love to try badminton again, not played since school but hubby thinks its boring so I'm just in limbo waiting for my gym to open! Are you looking forward to moving back?

Sweet, well done on keeping up with the C25K! I bet you feel so much better for it!

Spanx, I hope your grandad is better soon and out of hospital. Good luck with the race for life too.

I lost 1.5 lbs this week so only half a lb off my next award. I'm aiming for 2lbs a week now until my holiday on 31st July. Got 5 more WIs so want to lose 10lbs before I go. Fingers crossed I can do it.

Have a great week everyone and good luck to those Weighing in soon xxx

well done vix on your loss!!!

Spanx I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather & hope hes better soon. Well done you for staying on plan. Good luck for your RFL too I'm sure you'll have no problems with it :D

I'm well & truly hooked on this running thing. Was out last night & monday night & am just itching to get out again tonight. I usually go out on a thursday evening but am using the excuse that the forecast is bad to get out tonight but knowing me I'll try to get out tomorrow night too. Is it possible to be addicted to exercise??? though surely that can only be a good thing!!!! :p

Another STS!!!!! :mad:

Frustrating as I expected a half decent loss this week as I stayed on plan albeit mostly EE (which obviously just doesnt work for me anymore unfortunately :cry:) & I really worked hard on the C25k. On the plus side I feel great (sooo much energy) & my size 16's are all starting to feel very loose so that surely has got to be a good thing. I have to admit that I am starting to wonder if I will ever get my weight down to target or if my target is in fact realistic.

Before I had kids I was very into sport (one of which was actually my job) & had a high level of fitness but despite this my weight never dropped below 12 stone & a size 14 (I always had my curves). Dont get me wrong I will be thrilled to get it back down to around the 12 stone mark again but I was doing a crazy amount of exercise to keep it there (a minimum of 5 hours a day 6 days a week :confused:)

Sorry for the moan but I just needed to get this off my chest & see what your ladies opinions are as you have a better understanding of the ups & downs of weight loss. I think too that the fact a few family members havent recognised me recently & are then horrified when I say I want to lose more & even more shocked when I tell them that I do in fact still weigh more than 14 stone & my bmi is still class as obese :cry:. I've even found myself looking at weight loss tablets (albeit the likes of adios) to see if there is something more I can do to give things a bit of a boost again. I know this isnt the solution though

Well done on the losses ladies :clap:

Sweet pink... do you take your measurements? Only perhaps that will show a more true representation of your progress .
Like you I have seriously upped the exercise, and the amount I have lost of my bum n legs is amazing (thankyou badminton)-Im luckily still losing lbs -but to be honest I think that the way you look in your clothes is more important than a number on the scales.
I decided that I was going to up the exercise and if that meant my losses slowing down I would cope with it - just think we could lose quite a lot of weight simply by reducing the food intake -but it wouldn't be very healthy, Im focussing on getting myself as fit n healthy as possible and Im loving it.
Have you looked at the kinds of foods you eat? it might not be an issue -but I have cut out nearly everything that is processed and now use my syns on things like nuts, dried apricots etc so Im actually feeding my body.
I have all of Jillian Michaels books now and they are brilliant -she does a quiz to show how you oxidise food and how to then alter the foods you eat to suit you better... they are worth a read -

Lets hope you get those scales moving again :vibes:

oooh Im waffling again :p
Hope everyone is welll -have a lovely week all...

Thanks Capricorn. I know you are right in everything that you say. I do take measurements & they are going down (1.5 inches off my waist this week alone) so I know I should be thankful. I suppose when I saw the loss off my waist I kind of expected the scales to follow suit :mad:. I agree though that it is much more important how you look in clothes than what the scales say & I do feel soo much better having upped the exercise. I don't eat processed foods at all anymore though to be honest I never really did. I use my syns of the likes of a packet of snack a jacks or velvet crunch & maybe an extra Hex b & of course an options to get my Hex a as its the only way I can take milk. I nearly always have all bran for breakfast though so I am going to try something different this week to mix it up a bit & see if that makes a difference

Thanks again for putting my moan in perspective :)

Back