Queenie's Diet Blog

Well first official WI. Scales weighed me heavier than home scales, but sw scales are what i'm going to stick with. But still made a loss of 1 1/2 lbs. Making my current weigt as 14 stone 5 & 1/2 lbs. So my unofficial first week has been great. Nerver felt hungry. I've managed to start doing a little exercise.

I'm attending a class in Dover on Tuesday morning. Class is large and friendly. Explained that I am between secondments at the moment so may have to wi at different classes but going to try and wi at the Dover class were possible.

well done queenie! xxx

Came over all emotional yesterday. Feeling a little under the weather, had a bit of a cold for a couple of weeks, also the whole being between two jobs at the moment is a little bit soul destroying. Not really doing much of anything and Wednesday's is the only day that I'm doing face to face youth work. Feeling really out of sorts, connsequnelt indulged in some emotional eating, but as it was a couple of packs of snack a jacks and a skinny cow lolly ( which incidently totally pissed off to realise that they are made by bloody nestle, which I boycott so won't be buying those again). Mt total syns for the day was 16 which isn't totally off track.

But hey ho today's another day.

Q

Hi Spanx,

Feeling a bit better today. 100% on plan :)

heya queenie. I have been wondering how you are. hope all is well... sorry you were feeling a bit out of sorts but hope you are all straightened out now :D xxx

Hi gals:

Feeling fine, lost another 1 lb this week, which I'm pleased about as I did have a flexi syn day. So was prepared to STS. But, this week no pressing social engagements, so hoping for a 100% week.

Q

Tuesday, lost 2 1/2 lbs and was slimmer of the week. Yay and there was much rejoicing.

However, this week has been a bit of a nightmare. First couple of days was fine 100% on plan.

Thursday, utter nightmare ate a bloody muller rice on the way to work, which I thought would be relatively low syn, but I checked points after eating and it was 10 1/2 syns. Later in the evening I didn't get a chance to eat before doing an evening shift a colleagues youth club and ate a packet of crisps and a twix. So 36 syns damage done

Yesterday was ok during the day 100% on plab, but come the evening the boys had chips and I had a portion too, was just too hot and tired to faff with cooking and had very little SW friendly food in. So yesterday was 26 syns. I know I can probably cut back over the weekend and stay under 105 syns for the week.

I know where I'm going wrong, I'm not prepping properly. I don't have kitchen facilities at work. I need to make up a proper pack lunch so that I'm not starving when I come home at 10 pm. Or making poor food chocies at youth club (i'm not working at my club at the moment and don't usually have access to crappy tuck).

I'm leaving too long between meals.

On the plus side I am counting everything that passes my lips - so I'm not underestimating my syns. I think just having it written down helps you feel a bit more in control.

So I've got the weekend to turn things round.

Jen

Well done on your loss Queenie!

It's horrid to have a bad week, but it sounds like you are doing the right things - keeping count of your syns and if you go over one day, try to have a few less the next. Above all, don't beat yourself up about it, it happens to us all! I've had two buffets this week at work and didn't plan well for them, so I just tried to minimise the damage. On my last few dieting attempts, that would have been enough to make me fall off the wagon, but not this time! Part of the reason for that is this forum - thinking about everyone else on the same journey is a great motivator!

Hope you have a great weekend! x

Thanks Spanx

Hopefully a weekend of damage limitation will get me back on the straight and narrow!

Just had a lovely brunch of Quorn sausages and beans and feel comfortably full and virtuous.

Q

Well 2 lbs off for me this week. Making an unoffical 7 lbs, and just 1 1/2 lbs to go before I get my official sticky. Woot Woot.

After my 2 day mid week blow out. I got back on plan and was 110%. So really glad it showed on the scales.

Finding myself motivated (generally) and it's only when I fail to prepare that I end up sabotaging myself. I've got a packet of curly wurly's in the fridge that have remained there, safe and unmolested for 2 weeks now.

I don't get snacky unless I get over hungry. So on that note gonna go make some brunch!

Q

well done queenie, for the weight loss AND laying off the curly wurly pack. THAT is impressive. nowt is sacred in my house and leaving yummy stuff around is done at everyones peril :D

Well done on your loss Queenie :happy036:

Im like you -I need to be organised.... its dangerous to leave me alone and unprepared :p
Hope you have another good week

Thanks ladies. Enjoyed one of my curly wurly's last night. Also wearing a pedometer. Yesterday did 3000 steps so going to use that as a bench mark and try to increase my total no of steps each day.

Ped - 7500 woot woot.

blimey... that was a bit of a leap lol. well done xxxx

Lol Karen - some days I'll be working between a couple of projects and Thursday I was out detached so walky walky as I talky talky.

Today 7000 steps and 1/2 hour on Wii Dance Broadway.

Was syn swizzled by Starbuck Skinny Latte though which has double the syns of a Costa's. So went slighlty over syns. Grr Starbucks.

Q

Small gain 0.5 lb a little gutted I stayed under 105 syns for the week. Can only speculate that it was either a) underestimating my syns somewhere, but I do note every morsel that passes my lips so not sure, b) having my mini blow out on a Saturday and my reigning the syns in not having time to cancel that out, or c) drinking that darn skinny latte before I stepped on the scales, cos they were wavering between STS and 0.5lb gain.

But not totally devestated. I'm going to try to stick to 10 syns a day for this week and try not to 'famine' or 'fast' with my syns.

On exercise front. Ped has gone to a watery grave as I forgot to remove from waist band and it fell in loo! Swirly, swirly, by-by. So if the urban legends are true about alligators in the sewers - I hope that there is an alligator doing her body magic and thinking fondly of my generosity.

But loving Wii Broadway - managing 30 mins on that each day. Also, watching loads of you-tube clips of Chicago. My yp's are now thoroughly fed up of me singing...

'Ask any of the chickies in my pen,
They'll tell you I'm the biggest Mother...
Hen.
I love them all and all of them love me,
Because the system works, the system called...
Informal learning op-or-tunitieeeeeeeeees'

Ok I fess up that I made the last line up to fit better with a youth work ethos.

So peace out poppets, tonight Mathew I am mostly being. Mistress of Murderess Row Matron Mama Morton.

Back