Quest for Health

bompette

Hi All!
Right, where do i begin???? i'm 26 years old, and i've had food issues as long as i can remember. i was one of those annoyingly naturally skinny girls growing up and could pretty much eat whatever i liked. And then i hit my 20s....the weight kept piling on and on, until at 24 i reached my highest weight of 161lbs, which at 4ft 11 put me firmly in the obese category. i was struggling in a very unhappy relationship, and couldn't believe i had let this happen. the relationship ended and the weight fell off, but although i don't have much to lose now, i'm finding that i still have a very unhealthy relationship with food, maintaining my weight by eating very little for days, then having a big blowout. it leaves me feeling lethargic and very unhealthy and unfit. So this year, i have finally started cooking, taking packed lunches into work and hitting the gym. which was going very well, but in typical 'me' fashion, i've fallen off the wagon this past 5 weeks and managed to gain 9 lbs :confused:.
So this is my diary, i'm going to keep a daily food diary, as well as track my thoughts & feelings, it's the only way i can hold myself accountable for what i'm eating.
Thanks for reading my ramblings!
x

Today's Food:
B: Porridge w/ Skim Milk
L: 3x Ryvita w/ low fat cottage Cheese & Mullerlight Yoghurt
D: Homemade SW Chips w/ beans & Quorn Bacon
Snacks: Kiwi, Plum & Nectarine

I'm also going to make Monday my weigh in Day, that way i can't go mad on weekends, as is the norm!

good luck on your weight loss journey and your relationship with food, i had an unhealthy relationship same as you. only i couldnt stop eating! good luck ! :)

Thanks Shazza! I wish i could see food as just something i need to live, but whatever my mood, be it depressed, happy, bored, excited, celebratory, you name it, i use food as some kind of treat.....must stop!!x

Sooooo today has been a complete write off. i was starving at lunchtime, and had to pop into town to do some work stuff...so instead of just waiting til i was back in the office t have my packed lunch, i wandered into Greggs...2 Cheese & Onion pasties, 2 packets of crisps, a chocolate bar and a bottle of coke later i felt absolutely rubbish. my will power is terrible. But my best friend is getting married 5 weeks tomorrow, and i'm a bridesmaid. if that's not a reason to sort my act out, i don't know what is.
Fresh start tomorrow. i think i'll have a good clean of the house to, that hould keep me busy for a few hours.
Hope you've all had a good day
Nx

Back