Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Quest for Health

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by bompette, 15 April 2011 Social URL.

1. bompette

bompette Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(41.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All!
    Right, where do i begin???? i'm 26 years old, and i've had food issues as long as i can remember. i was one of those annoyingly naturally skinny girls growing up and could pretty much eat whatever i liked. And then i hit my 20s....the weight kept piling on and on, until at 24 i reached my highest weight of 161lbs, which at 4ft 11 put me firmly in the obese category. i was struggling in a very unhappy relationship, and couldn't believe i had let this happen. the relationship ended and the weight fell off, but although i don't have much to lose now, i'm finding that i still have a very unhealthy relationship with food, maintaining my weight by eating very little for days, then having a big blowout. it leaves me feeling lethargic and very unhealthy and unfit. So this year, i have finally started cooking, taking packed lunches into work and hitting the gym. which was going very well, but in typical 'me' fashion, i've fallen off the wagon this past 5 weeks and managed to gain 9 lbs :confused:.
    So this is my diary, i'm going to keep a daily food diary, as well as track my thoughts & feelings, it's the only way i can hold myself accountable for what i'm eating.
    Thanks for reading my ramblings!
    x

Today's Food:
    B: Porridge w/ Skim Milk
    L: 3x Ryvita w/ low fat cottage Cheese & Mullerlight Yoghurt
    D: Homemade SW Chips w/ beans & Quorn Bacon
    Snacks: Kiwi, Plum & Nectarine

I'm also going to make Monday my weigh in Day, that way i can't go mad on weekends, as is the norm!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shazza87

shazza87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.98%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    good luck on your weight loss journey and your relationship with food, i had an unhealthy relationship same as you. only i couldnt stop eating! good luck ! :)

4. bompette

bompette Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(41.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Shazza! I wish i could see food as just something i need to live, but whatever my mood, be it depressed, happy, bored, excited, celebratory, you name it, i use food as some kind of treat.....must stop!!x

5. bompette

bompette Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(41.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sooooo today has been a complete write off. i was starving at lunchtime, and had to pop into town to do some work stuff...so instead of just waiting til i was back in the office t have my packed lunch, i wandered into Greggs...2 Cheese & Onion pasties, 2 packets of crisps, a chocolate bar and a bottle of coke later i felt absolutely rubbish. my will power is terrible. But my best friend is getting married 5 weeks tomorrow, and i'm a bridesmaid. if that's not a reason to sort my act out, i don't know what is.
    Fresh start tomorrow. i think i'll have a good clean of the house to, that hould keep me busy for a few hours.
    Hope you've all had a good day
    Nx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.