Question about breaking ketosis

Chunkeymonkey

If you've been on ketosis for a few weeks and get knocked out, if you go back into ketosis, will your weight loss be greater than if you continued?

Ive just been wondering this for the past few days.

Doubtful. But the thing you can be sure of is that you'll feel like poo again. :wave_cry:

Actually, it might. I'm not recommending anyone try it, cos as Scooterchick says, getting back into ketosis can be poo (though oddly enough, not always).

But on other diets, having a bit of a carb blow out when you're plateauing does seem to get one's metabolism revved up again.

You'd have to be made of pretty tough stuff though, cos you'd have to be able to cope with seeing the scales bounce up several pounds in the days after the carb fest and be patient while you lost the glycogen and water weight again.

i wish you hadn't said that lol esp if i don't lose again this week. but saying that when i was on sw i used to have a blowout day every week and i had great losses but in the end i think it was my down fall cause one day lead to 2 then 3 and so on, till i wasn't really doing it.
i have been out of ketosis a couple of times and the first time i had a good loss but the second time i lost nothing

Don't do it. I was out of ketosis following my holiday and it was only a minor blip foodwise and it took me four days to get back in to ketosis. Then I only lost 5lb in three weeks so I don't reckon you'd lose more.

Back