Question about chinese food???

victorial85

A moaning old boot!!!!
Right, I may be being a little silly here but I have a question. In our food optimising books it says that a chicken chow mein from the chinese takeaway is around 7 syns for a 380g portion on a green day. What I want to know is, is this including the syns for the chicken? If it is then surely it would be less for extra easy as the noodles and the chicken is free??

Am I just trying to get more syns and being silly???? x x x x

If it's given you the syn value for the chicken chow mein on a green day, then that's inclusive of the chicken Hun. Yes, on an Ee day the chicken and noodles would be free, but you have to include the oil and sauces that are in it too. Hope this helps!

Thats what I was thinking. I have always counted it as the full amount it says in the book but I was just wondering if it was really that much or not. Im just being greedy haha!!! :) :) :) :)

I know where you are coming from as there is a Chow Mein recipe online that has 3 different syn values that works out to be free on EE whilst having syns on Red & Green due to the HE allowance on both sides.

I think its one of those grey areas :(

Back