Question about chinese food???

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by victorial85, 15 August 2009 Social URL.

1. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Right, I may be being a little silly here but I have a question. In our food optimising books it says that a chicken chow mein from the chinese takeaway is around 7 syns for a 380g portion on a green day. What I want to know is, is this including the syns for the chicken? If it is then surely it would be less for extra easy as the noodles and the chicken is free??

Am I just trying to get more syns and being silly???? x x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If it's given you the syn value for the chicken chow mein on a green day, then that's inclusive of the chicken Hun. Yes, on an Ee day the chicken and noodles would be free, but you have to include the oil and sauces that are in it too. Hope this helps!

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I am doing EE. As you count the lower syn I would count chicken chow mein on an EE day as 7 syns

Irene xx

5. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thats what I was thinking. I have always counted it as the full amount it says in the book but I was just wondering if it was really that much or not. Im just being greedy haha!!! :) :) :) :)

6. Ossireo

Ossireo Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    I know where you are coming from as there is a Chow Mein recipe online that has 3 different syn values that works out to be free on EE whilst having syns on Red & Green due to the HE allowance on both sides.

I think its one of those grey areas :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.