Question about ''K''

madeinengland

havent checked my self for ketosis for a while and didn't think i'd be in it as i had pizza on sunday as was hungover from saturday and it was pizza or nothing.i havent been drinking my RDA of water the last couple of days as i've just been too busy and havent really felt thirsty.
anyway yesterday evening i tested for ketosis in the normal way and the stick went the darkest purple i've ever seen it go. is this because i was more dehydrated than in previous tests? if so am i in ketosis or not?

I think dehydration is the culprit here, and to be honest mate I never bothered with the sticks, as long as I was losing I was happy. :)

As I understand it, if you're in ketosis it will go some shade of pink/purple, with the depth of colour reflecting the extent of hydration. If mine goes purple I know it's time to get some water down my neck!

I've been surprised at how quickly I can get back into ketosis after a carb meal - just over a day in one case, so it wouldn't be at all surprising that you were back in ketosis.

The only other thing causing the colour can be ketoacidosis which is common in type 1 diabetes - so if you weren't following a low carb regimen and showed up this colour, time to consult the doctor!

cool thanks for replies.i had a bad weekend a couple of weeks ago and was thrown right out of k. i got back into the low-carbing but it took me till the following friday to get back in. this time it's taken 2 days. do you think this is common then.i mean i had alcohol this weekend but stuck to spirits rather than lager and i had a pizza on sunday but that was it.

Back