Question about Lighterlife Water Flavourings

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by sambasset, 16 April 2007 Social URL.

1. sambasset

sambasset Member

Hi everyone,

I'm on the Lighterlife diet and only started to use the water flavourings this week. I was wondering how much powder other people use in 500mls water? The pot says 1 level teaspoon to this quantity of water, but I find this far too weak! I need about 1.5 heaped teaspoons to enjoy the taste!

Is is just me, or does anyone else find this? Also, even though the guide book says that water flavourings are unlimited, do you think that I'm doing my weight loss any harm by 'over-indulging' like this?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Geri

Geri Gold Member

I'm with you on this one lol, 1 teaspoon is far too weak for me!!
    I wouldnt worry about having too much as it is unlimited, within reason of course lol

Have you tried adding some to a vanilla shake? oooh its lovely!!
  4. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    I'm also quite liberal with the St. Clements, but can find it has - er - 'explosive' qualities if I indulge too much! And no - it hasn't done me any harm - other than cause a few near accidents.
  5. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    ooooough, they must have changed it since my days on LL - when I did it a few years back it was 1 teaspoon to 1 litre of water!

6. SoonBeSlim... It'sTrue!

SoonBeSlim... It'sTrue! Full Member

Lighter Life
    It says unlimited, so indulge.

I have just made a Litre bottle and added x2 5ml spoons. I only know exactly as have been using calpol spoon as narrow to get the stuff in the bottle.

Plus I am quite tight, so trying to ration it as some people buy a tub each week. My St Clements lasted about 4 weeks.

Happy drinking
  7. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

must admit I wish it wasn't quite so expensive. I wonder how much LLC actually pay per tub.
  8. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

Yeah, it is expensive.

I still have my last tub (my daughter likes it), because I can use lemon juice in my water now!

It IS expensive though, so I was frugal and only used 5ml per litre!
  9. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    I also need to use more than the recommended amount - otherwise like you say, it is too weak!

It is expensive at £9 per tub... but some silly people are paying up to £20 for one tub on eBay!!! Madness!
  10. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hi there
    Now this may not happen to you , but I would be very carefull with the LL water flavourings, because they contain Inulin which is a laxative, especially if you are also using the bars which also contain inulin too. When I kind of overdosed on this and not as much as you have used , it caused a very unpleasant day and a half I can tell you, no pains or anything , that would have at least given me some warning if you know what I am trying to tell you:eek:.
    Good Luck !

x C
  11. sambasset

sambasset Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have noticed that the flavouring does give me a bit of a rumbly tummy, but no other ill effects thankfully!
  12. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I wish that it would make me go to the loo -- it makes my tummy rumble but that's about it!

13. Sez

Sez has started again!!

I had the explosive result myself, when I first used it!! Not a great experience, I can tell you!! Backed off it a bit since then, and now I take it easy!!

I agree tho, it is incredibly expensive. I wish there was an alternative, similar to the Marigold, but in a sweet version. I really miss my Diet Cokes.......mmmmmm
  14. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Lighter Life
    I use a slightly rounded teaspoon per 500ml. I also get the rumbly tummy and explosive effects sometimes but I need to use it periodically because without it I don't 'go' very often...
  15. Mollyzx

Mollyzx Member

Lighter Life
    Would you mind just explaining what it is? I pressume its a falvouring for water... in what flavours?

You can't flavour water with no sugar juice then? Robinson no added sugar etc? sorry - only starting next Monday and want to be prepared.

How many litres does a £9 tub dilute?
    Thank you
  16. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    You cannot buy flavoured water such as Perfectly Clear whilst on LL.

You must buy the flavourings from your LLC.

They come in 2 flavours. St Clements (Orange) and Fruits of the Forest

You buy a 150g tub for £9. Instructions are to add 5g to every 500 ml of water, but as this thread suggests, most people use more.

You are allowed unlimited of this stuff. It contains Inulin which can help you go to the toilet more frequently.

Hope that helps.....
  17. Mollyzx

Mollyzx Member

Lighter Life
    Thanks for the response - I see.....
    I'll have to get some of that then as I drink about 2 litres of robinsons no sugar juice a week...
    Thats one thing I won;t have to get used to as I already drink litres and litres of water a day!! Hooray!!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.