Question about Lighterlife Water Flavourings

sambasset

Hi everyone,

I'm on the Lighterlife diet and only started to use the water flavourings this week. I was wondering how much powder other people use in 500mls water? The pot says 1 level teaspoon to this quantity of water, but I find this far too weak! I need about 1.5 heaped teaspoons to enjoy the taste!

Is is just me, or does anyone else find this? Also, even though the guide book says that water flavourings are unlimited, do you think that I'm doing my weight loss any harm by 'over-indulging' like this?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hiya,
I'm with you on this one lol, 1 teaspoon is far too weak for me!!
I wouldnt worry about having too much as it is unlimited, within reason of course lol

Have you tried adding some to a vanilla shake? oooh its lovely!!

I'm also quite liberal with the St. Clements, but can find it has - er - 'explosive' qualities if I indulge too much! And no - it hasn't done me any harm - other than cause a few near accidents.

It says unlimited, so indulge.

I have just made a Litre bottle and added x2 5ml spoons. I only know exactly as have been using calpol spoon as narrow to get the stuff in the bottle.

Plus I am quite tight, so trying to ration it as some people buy a tub each week. My St Clements lasted about 4 weeks.

Happy drinking

Yeah, it is expensive.

I still have my last tub (my daughter likes it), because I can use lemon juice in my water now!

It IS expensive though, so I was frugal and only used 5ml per litre!

Hi there
Now this may not happen to you , but I would be very carefull with the LL water flavourings, because they contain Inulin which is a laxative, especially if you are also using the bars which also contain inulin too. When I kind of overdosed on this and not as much as you have used , it caused a very unpleasant day and a half I can tell you, no pains or anything , that would have at least given me some warning if you know what I am trying to tell you:eek:.
Good Luck !

x C

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have noticed that the flavouring does give me a bit of a rumbly tummy, but no other ill effects thankfully!

I wish that it would make me go to the loo -- it makes my tummy rumble but that's about it!

Cath

I had the explosive result myself, when I first used it!! Not a great experience, I can tell you!! Backed off it a bit since then, and now I take it easy!!

I agree tho, it is incredibly expensive. I wish there was an alternative, similar to the Marigold, but in a sweet version. I really miss my Diet Cokes.......mmmmmm

Would you mind just explaining what it is? I pressume its a falvouring for water... in what flavours?

You can't flavour water with no sugar juice then? Robinson no added sugar etc? sorry - only starting next Monday and want to be prepared.

How many litres does a £9 tub dilute?
Thank you

You cannot buy flavoured water such as Perfectly Clear whilst on LL.

You must buy the flavourings from your LLC.

They come in 2 flavours. St Clements (Orange) and Fruits of the Forest

You buy a 150g tub for £9. Instructions are to add 5g to every 500 ml of water, but as this thread suggests, most people use more.

You are allowed unlimited of this stuff. It contains Inulin which can help you go to the toilet more frequently.

Hope that helps.....

Thanks for the response - I see.....
I'll have to get some of that then as I drink about 2 litres of robinsons no sugar juice a week...
Thats one thing I won;t have to get used to as I already drink litres and litres of water a day!! Hooray!!

Back