question about "slimmer of the week"

I think your consultant should have shared it between the two of you. That's what happens in our group.

I always find these posts really interesting, it shows how many different ways that classes can be run.
We never had fridge magnets and rarely certificates, no raffle, no taster nights, no sotm when I went to class..... hhmmmm quite a lot to miss out on!

I always find these posts really interesting, it shows how many different ways that classes can be run.
We never had fridge magnets and rarely certificates, no raffle, no taster nights, no sotm when I went to class..... hhmmmm quite a lot to miss out on!

That sounds so sad!!! We have raffle every week, SOTW every week where you get fruit, award and certificate, the last Tues of the month is buffet/taster night and that's where SOTM is done and gets (sometimes) a magnet and a certificate.

Without all these things I would not have stayed for class for the past 2 years. It helps keep you motivated and makes it fun. I love our buffet nights!

When I was SOTW I also shared it with another lady, we had a sticker each and shared the fruit, no sign of any magnets or certificates ?

in my group you get sotw and sotm, fridge magnet and sticker but never any certificates :( i want one now lol.

interesting to see how different consultants run clubs differently! x

Thankyou for all the replies, I am amzed at how different all the lasses are, you would think there would be only one way. Our sotw always get magnet, sticker and certificaate, plus the fruit bowl. The sotm gets the same plus a voucher that local retailers have subscribed too. i.e 10% of a manicure, hair cut, massage etc. Plus the blokes in the group are allowed 25% of a SW shop purchase as they arent really into manicures lol.
Guess the moral of this story is I should think myself lucky and when i have had a good loss keep the kids at group with me.

SOTW is the person who has lost the most weight but

- it can't be a member who joined the previous week

- they must have lost weight or maintained the previous week

If 2 members have lost the same amount we look to see who lost the most weight the previous week.

The member is SOTW regardless of whether or not they've been able to stay to group that week. If they haven't been able to stay then the fruit basket is raffled off.

SOTW and SOTM certificates and stickers are provided by Head Office.

Magnets (and half-stone, stone certificates etc) can be bought by your consultant from Head Office. These are optional which is why some groups will have them and some won't.

In my larger group the raffle each week makes enough money to cover the cost of the prize with enough left over to buy magnets etc. In my smaller group the raffle money just about covers the cost of the prize (some weeks!) so although the group has SOTW certificates they don't have magnets yet. Though as the group grows, this will change.

Hope this has cleared things up for you. I would definitely e-mail your consultant to check if you should have been SOTW. I know I would hate to think I had missed giving someone an award they'd earned.

I got an answer last night, you have to stay at group. Unfortunately I left as hubby is away and the kids were tired, I have discovered you can stay for twenty mins and still get it though!

omg i didnt get nothing for mine! no sticker no certificate no fridge magnet! How can that be??? I think its really unfair that my sw lady doesnt do any of them! I know i got the fruit but i pay the same money at people in other groups an not getting the same service! not fair!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i don't get a sticker i only got a certificate, but i was happy just with knowing i got it! wahoo!

Not everyone gets the magnets, I'd not heard of it until it was posted on here and as the consultant who posted said, the consultant needs to buy them.
Why not ask your consultant about the certificate and sticker?

I think the magnets etc have to be bought by the consulatant, ie they are not free, so if they are not offering them then she is making more money.

To be fair, I do know that depending on class size consultants can struggle to make money so maybe that is the reason why (or that they are just greedy!!!!)

At my group we have to stay to class to win SOTW/SOTM and we get the award (if my consultant saw you all calling them stickers you'd be in trouble lol) and the certificate but no fridge magnets but that is because we are a new group and only about 45 people go so our consultant is still building it up. However I have no complaints as we do get lovely cards congratulating us randomly (though Im sure she has a system) and we also get to choose a pebble/stone for every stone to represent our loss....I can't wait to get my second one :D

I think the magnets etc have to be bought by the consulatant, ie they are not free, so if they are not offering them then she is making more money.

To be fair, I do know that depending on class size consultants can struggle to make money so maybe that is the reason why (or that they are just greedy!!!!)

Magnets are bought by the consultant but are paid for by the raffle money. The raffle money also would buy tea, coffee, milk, sweeteners, half-stone, stone certificates etc, flowers for competition winners, and the raffle prize (to name just a few examples). How many different things can be bought will depend on the number of members buying raffle tickets each week.

As I said in an earlier post one of my groups is still very small and the raffle money sometimes doesn't cover the cost of the raffle prize BUT my members still get weight award certificates plus refreshments every week (I just pay for them myself - and no I'm not keeping an account of how much I'm spending, to claim it back later).

The money your consultant earns is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the raffle money - it has to be - so greed doesn't really come into it. :(

Only 45 members is a small group?! lol! Ours gets 25 if we're lucky, and only about 10-12 stay to class!

We don't get fridge magnets, but purchasing them out of the raffle money is a great idea and I will suggest it to my C.

I am the sign-in/take your money/get your card girl at our class and usually work out SoW for the consultant. In our class it's:

- not first week
- loss or maintain previous week
- greatest loss this week
- stays to class this week

We do the 'staying to class' rule to encourage people to stay for Image Therapy. Fair enough, there are sometimes circumstances when someone can't stay but to change the rules once for one person isn't fair on those that do stay.

If 2 people qualify, they share the goodies. We all know each other quite well and it's usually done amicably...no fighting over the kiwi!

We have a small group, less than 20 per week, and most weeks the raffle money doesn't even cover the raffle itself. However, our consultant is always very upfront and says that any extra money she gets from the raffle goes into making food for tasting weeks, tea, coffee, milk etc.

We have never done SOM and SOW gets a 'printed' certificate (the stone award certificates are printed off by my consultant from her home computer) and a sticker.

We do have Miss slinky once a year, who always gets a gift, and myself (WI lady) and the girl who takes the money also get Christmas gifts as a thank you.

I LOVE my class and I have never felt short changed by not getting magnets, SOM however. For me the class is all about the people who attend and our consultant, who is great, rather than a few bits and bobs which we 'may' or 'mat not' pay for.

Back