Question about SS+ I am new!

claireypie

Hi everyone,

I went to my cdc for the first time yesterday got weighed and measured and picked up 29 packs.

My cdc said that as my BMI is 36 I would need to do SS+ which according to the book is 4 packs per day plus 200ml milk OR 3 packs per day plus the 200cl green and white meal from the book.

My question is can I alternate these options through the week. ie. can I have the 4 packs plus milk a coulple of days and the other days have the 3 packs plus the 200cl meal?
Or do you have to pick one of the options and stick to it?

I was originally going to do the 4 packs & milk option but I dont think I have enough packs to do that before my next appointment with the CDC.

thanks
clairey

Hi Clairey and welcome to minimins :)

Yes, you can alternate between the two options for SS+.

However, your BMI shouldn't really indicate whether you can do SS+ or SS.

How tall are you?

Hi, I am 5.6" tall so I thought I could do SS but the CDC said I had to do SS+ because of my BMI. I did think that was a bit odd.

I like the idea of being able to have the milk though as I love my tea and dont like it black. I also like the idea of being able to have the 200cl meal although no idea what to have fr the green part as I dont like anything that is green!

I tried to do cambridge about 5 years ago but gave up after 3/4 days as I felt very sick. Reading the forum it seems like this was due to the high mineral content so I think this time if I space out the packs and drink more water I will be okay.

Thanks for the replies so far its nice to know i'm not on my own!
Clairey

Yes, at 5'6" you can do SS at 3 packs a day.

Some people use the vanilla shake as a substitute milk replacement for their teas and coffees on this level.

The SS+ plan is a good one, especially if you want milk, and the difference in weight loss is insignificant.

Wonder why she said you needed SS+ because of your height.:confused:

Do you have the yellow book?

Oh and yes, split your shakes (before making them up). Really helps if you feel nauseus at the beginning. Also adding extra water either to the shakes, or drinking some before and after each shakes help too :)

another question for you guys, can I put black pepper and/or tabasco sauce in the soups?

Can I do this from week 1 or should I wait? what about the boulion drink can I do that from week 1?

thanks
Clairey

Hi Clairey, you can add black pepper and herbs, not sure about tabasco but I think it's ok, it's worcester sauce that's a no because of other things that are in it. I drink the boullion every day-just one cup a day though and it has never affected my weightloss. Try to get the low salt one if you can. Good luck.

another question for you guys, can I put black pepper and/or tabasco sauce in the soups?

It's a no for the tabasco, but you can use pepper or mixed herbs.

Can I do this from week 1 or should I wait? what about the boulion drink can I do that from week 1?

Clairey

The pepper or herbs (use fresh, or if you are using dried, check ingredients) from day 1, but the CD savouring can't be used until week 3.

BTW, ask your CDC for a yellow book..it's handy :)

Some days I have 3 packs other days I do ss+ LOL works for me some days a eat food (green and White) some days I don't

I like variety :D And it works for me

Each to their own of course x

Back