Question about tetras

kazz

Gold Member
I have 2 tetras in the freezer for weeks, but they are out of date now.

My question is, do they work like proper food as in once its frozen will it still be ok to use or should I just bin them??

dont know... hopefully a CDC will help on that one

Personally speaking i would chuck them as they are milk based and once you thaw them out to eat they are still out of date and you are consuming old milk

jules

I think their ok, i always eat stuff out of date if its been frozen, stuff goes out of date due to the air getting to it or getting warm etc which if its frozen wouldnt happen, if your not sure though just throw them x

I think for the fact that they're only 1.85 each I'd probably chuck them.. I appreciate what you're saying about freezing increasing the shelf life but it's not worth the dicky tummy afterwards if they weren't good!!!

K people, I think I will bin them....

I got some off my new CDC anyway...and to be honest, I'm drinkin one now and it aint doin me much good so god only knows wat the others wud do to me!

Thanx for all replies!!

Kaz, do you dilute them? I find if I'm drinking them cold I add about 200mls water, if hot then 100mls.. Any less than that and I can't stomach them!!!

SFB, I have never drank a tetra by itself until last nite!!! I always made them into coffee, or diluted with hot water or ate them frozen as ice cream....can safely say I dont think I will be able t stomach them straight from the carton again!!

dont blame you!!! I dont think I could either!!

Honestly though, try just adding 200mls water to them if it's cold (or milk if you're on the 790 plan) or 100mls of boiled water if it's hot, it's gorgeous!!

Jusy, tetras are absolutely fab!! I highly recommend you try some!! I used to keep some in the freezer & take one out about an hour before I wanted it and it would be fab ice cream!

They are delish added to coffee as well!!

SFB, I never thought of adding milk, how delish, shame I'm not doing 790!

If you want any of the shakes hot remember boil the kettle and let it stand for about 5 mins otherwise you will kill off the heat sensitive vitamins:)

Always depended on my mood!! Sometimes I would have one huge coffee, or 2/3 small ones. I would make the coffee up and about one third or 3 quarters fill the mug with hot water, then top up with tetra...depends on how you feel really!

My CDC is getting banana ones in as well soon....cannot wait to try them!

Back