question around CD and hopeful bun in the oven!!

Scarlett

I posted this on pregnancy without the pounds but was wondering if any CD counsellors or long timers were around to help...

I am currently 15 stone, having lost 2 stone on CD, and am Sole sourcing. Was planning to lose all of weight and then try... but that means waiting til Nov/Dec and to be honest at 31 I am starting to think have I left things too late...

So if I stop pill my question I guess is, is it safe to carry on with CD until I know I am pregnant?? its not like most ppl concieve straight away so surely this could take 2/3 months and I could carry on with weight loss in the process, and then switch to slimming world or just healthy eating in the process.

To be clear I totally understand its not safe or advised to SS when I know I am pregnant. My question is around wether I cam continue as who knows how long it will take to get pregnant!!!!!!!!!

I am on the 810 plan and we are trying to get pregnant. We have been trying for some time now. As soon as I know I am pregnant, I will quit CD altogether, but until then I am doing my best to loose as much weight as possible while trying. I am 32 years old. We have a thread on the 100% forum about doing CD with the goal of getting pregnant, and also a private group if you want to join?

To be honest I will be of no help. I have however been wondering the same thing myself because we are not trying, but not preventing either. So I could be pregnant at any time.

Hi Asa

Yes would be good to join the group is thats okay?

I am just reading my book on 810 and thinking that may be the better option.

How are you getting on with it? have you lost much??

x

Hi Scarlett, I have added you to the group. You should see an invitation on your User CP page.

I only just started with the 810 plan, and it is great. I had a blip this weekend though, so thats the +3lb as you can see in my ticker. So I cant really tell you if the weight loss is as good as on ss, but I hope it is quite good anyway! We have lost exactly the same, and has almost the same left to go :D. Have you been on ss the whole time? How do you find it?

I was told that cd can make you more fertile because you are getting all your nutrients and in actual fact much healthier then before you started. Could be a good thing????

thanks Linda for your reply- really helpful and has reassured me, as I do want to lose more weight but not just for vanity to have a healthy pregnancy and be fitter generally.

Asa- thanks for joining me to the group!! I lost all my weight on SS, have stuck to it 100% for 8 weeks and lost 2 stone, had a bit of a blip in between... but am going to do 810 now for sure.

Good luck with your babymaking :) seems unreal that I an trying after spending so much of my adult life avoiding pregnancy....

Thats a great weight loss Scarlett! It is nice on the 810 plan. I feel much more content and have more energy over the day. Best of luck to you and your baby making as well :D

Could i join the group as well? I am currently on SS+ and trying to loose with the aim of having a wee sprog!

Back