question for anyone who have lost with cd before?

nagooner

Evening all!

just a quick question for anyone who has lost weight with cd before but put it back on again, what sort of diet did you follow when you got to goal, i am so worried that i will lose my weight then go and put it all back on again.

Thanks v v much

Ninaxx

Evening all!

just a quick question for anyone who has lost weight with cd before but put it back on again, what sort of diet did you follow when you got to goal, i am so worried that i will lose my weight then go and put it all back on again.

Thanks v v much

Ninaxx

I started on LL then went over to CD and lost 4 stone in total from last Oct to Feb this yr. I went from a size 20/22 to a size12/14 and was so happy.

When i went back onto eating again, I didn't go mad, just ate what I thought was sensible foods - more protwein and veg based and less carbs. I put on just under half a stone and i was quite happy with that as it stabilised and I maintained that weight. Then we went on an all inclusive holiday - where drink and food were around 24/7 ........ and I'd paid for it so I was going to eat it!!! NOthing sensible with this plan! So another half a stone went on ... and then my family and I have been from crisis to crisis and i have gome back to my old comfort eating habits - and bang there's another stone on. :( :mad: :confused:

So now I'm back on the plan - as of today ... using the 790plan - and that's me on it until I've shifted this 2 stone and then very sensible low GI type diet afterwards - with leaning towards fish/chicken and veg/fruit and not bread ..... which seems to send me off on a calorie laden frenzy (maybe get tested to see if I'm gluten/yeast intolerant).

There is no law that says you have to put weight back on ... but if you put more calories in yr mouth than you expend in energy (like I did!) you will!

Hi Nina, alot of people follow a low Gi diet when they get 2 goal as it is a healthy way for the whole family to eat.
There is a thread here with info on different aspects of the low Gi diet.
Take care

Evening all!

just a quick question for anyone who has lost weight with cd before but put it back on again,

Umm. I haven't put it back on again, so I'm not sure whether I qualify for this question:eek:

When I finished SSing, I did the maintenance part then moved on to maintenance calorie control. (about 1800 plus exercise cals). I used Weightlossresource to keep track.

It was important for me personally, to have a diet where I felt I could have anything I wanted. I was confident that I had got my head around most of the healthy eating aspect, but never wanted to feel deprived again. With this way of eating, I was free to whatever I felt my body was calling for :)

I did that for about 6 months...then on and off for the next six months. Now I'm 'diet free' :)

I'm very happy with the result:cool:

Hi :)

My mum was on the cambridge and she has been keeping the weight off. She has her treats occassionally but then goes sensible the next few days. I think you just need to watch what you eat and be healthly 80% of the time. The trouble is people go back to their old eating habits and expect it to still stay off. It didn't stay off before so it won't now. She has been so sensible with her food that she sometimes loses a couple of pounds when she goes for her check ups with the counsellor.

Nick :D

Hi Nina

I first started on LL in August 2004 and was just over 17 stone - by the Christmas I was 13 stone 4lb. I maintained that for about 9 months just eating healthily - lots of veg and salad.

I then had problems at work and was off with stress and depression for 6 months during which I comfort ate and when I first went to CD I was back up to 16 stone 2lb. I struggled a bit on the diet but got down to 13 stone 8lb. Came off it for about 6 weeks because of finances, illness, son starting school and my ex changing the arrangements when he sees our son (used to have him Weds nights so that's when I saw by CDC).

Went back 3 weeks ago and had gone up to 14½ stone but I hadn't really been careful.

I've now set myself little goals for the rest of the year and will review at Christmas if to continue SS or go on to maintenance.

I think this time round I'm thinking more about what I'm going to do when I finish SS. The only time I can sensibly think about food is when I'm SS and it's not in the equation. I've bought the "You Are What You Eat" book and cookbook and there really is some lovely recipes in them so my plan is to follow her idea of healthy eating with the odd treat.

I really do miss fruit, veg and salad along with all the unhealthy things like everyone else.

I am thinking about doing WW after I have been through maintenance. I am good with eating during the week but it all seems to go wrong at the weekends. With WW I intend to save points up during the week and then at what I want (within reason) at the weekend. I have followed low GI before and found it a bit boring to be honest. At least with WW I can go into Tesco and look at the back of their HL range and the points are there for me! Lazy I know - but anything to make life a bit easier!

Hi

I first did Lipotrim (similar to CD but not so much flavour choices!) 9 years ago. At my heaviest I was 18 stone 11lbs. I am now 10 stone 10 lbs. I am within my healthy BMI range, about 22, but I want to get down to 10 stone, so I am following the slimming world diet. Losing about a pound a week - which is fine by me. Good luck with your CD path.

Hi

I first did Lipotrim (similar to CD but not so much flavour choices!) 9 years ago. At my heaviest I was 18 stone 11lbs. I am now 10 stone 10 lbs. I am within my healthy BMI range, about 22, but I want to get down to 10 stone, so I am following the slimming world diet. Losing about a pound a week - which is fine by me. Good luck with your CD path.

Cheryl, just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss - you've done fantastic.

Can I ask how long it took you to lose that weight?

You must have some determination girlie, you'll be down to 10 stone before you know it.

Well done..:)

Hi Mrs R

It took me 3 attempts in all over a total period of about 8/9 years. Unfortunately I had to keep stopping because I was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago, and have once again, just completed 4 weeks radiotherapy treatment for cancer for the fifth time! (It came back in May this year) SSing is not a good idea whilst undergoing treatment, so I had to come off and eat carefully but nutritionally so as not to gain any weight. I was fairly successful in that department, only gaining a few pounds. I would say in total I was on the diet for a total of 9 months during those past years - sometimes with a break of 2-3 years in between! I shifted the bulk of my weight the first time I did it - 4 stones in 4 months

Last edited:
Well you look absolutely fantastic and you've really had some real battles over the years by the sounds of it...

Good luck with your treatment..:) and congratulations on your weighloss.. what an inspiration you are..:)

Back