question for CDC's or experienced CD'ers

littlemissspendthrift

impossible is nothing
Hi everyone!! hope you are all well

right i have a bit of a predicament.. that wonder if someone can help with

i am currently on the cambridge diet courtesy of the shakes i had left from my failed attempts back in the summer

im going REALLY well on them and im enjoying them and i feel i finally have this nailed.
HOWEVER i cant see my CDC until 15th jan.. and i will run out of shakes on 13th!! leaving me needing 2 days of shakes. i dont want to go onto food as i slipped up last time.. not even chicken and green veg.
soo... do you think i could get away with.. for JUST 2 days.. slim fast shakes of 3 a day. plus a multivitamin.

i know they potentially could knock me out of ketosis.. but its the actual pyschological affect food has on me.. i dont want to have it so soo after starting on it.. please can anyone offer some advice??

much appreciated and happy new year to everyone xxx

Hi hun

Could your CDC post you some shakes to keep you going?

x

sadly not.. i have found out that she is away first 2 weeks of jan so she is not able to :(, otherwise i would have seen her the week before for weigh in just to see how im progressing.
bit of a pain.. but just dont want to go haywire for the sake of 2 days.

I wouldnt suggest the slim fast shakes.. they have a lot of sugar in them, and therefore carbs.. which could bring you out of ketosis feeling hungry.. =(..
really hope you can find some way!

x x

hmm im not sure what to do then..

what about, low fat and cal cup a soups??? just to keep me going and a multivitamin so im getting all my vitamins.
and they are low carb cos ill get chicken or something with no pasta or croutons in

I understand totally what you mean about not wanting to have food, even low carb food.. the only things i could think of would be.. erm.. could you try and call the CD HQ and ask them what they suggest.. they might be able to help you you see

x x

thanks kitteh.. may give them a call in the next week. im just at a loss.. i know what im like and it has taken months to be back in a frame of mind to leave food behind for a while.. so want to leave it as long as poss. think the soup thing maybe ok.. if i chose low carb and cal. will see what they say.

i know how hard it is to get back in doll.. so i totally relate..! i dont know if it would be low carb.. but WW do a country veg soup which is like 70 cals or summit similar.. fingers crossed for you doll
x x x

I understand totally what you mean about not wanting to have food, even low carb food.. the only things i could think of would be.. erm.. could you try and call the CD HQ and ask them what they suggest.. they might be able to help you you see

x x

I agree with Kitteh here hun, if you call HQ and explain then they may be able to put you in touch with another local CDC who could provide you with an SOS pack? :)

i know how hard it is to get back in doll.. so i totally relate..! i dont know if it would be low carb.. but WW do a country veg soup which is like 70 cals or summit similar.. fingers crossed for you doll
x x x

ill have a look for that tomorrow as i going to the shops with my mate for her new years eve party (ill be on water.. but no fuzzy head for me the day after)

im like a woman possessed with food.. i get a taste of it and thats it.. i cant continue the diet without something. and to be honest thats not healthy for me. so while im off food i can address the reasons why its such a crutch!
but iguess wth soup i can just make it feel like a cambridge pack... !

All I can suggest is to do 1000plan for a few days as its only 2 sachets a day. You will gain but it will only be glycogen and water which will of gone by the next week and you wont take 5 minutes to get back into ketosis. Not ideal but wouldnt do any real harm. :)

All I can suggest is to do 1000plan for a few days as its only 2 sachets a day. You will gain but it will only be glycogen and water which will of gone by the next week and you wont take 5 minutes to get back into ketosis. Not ideal but wouldnt do any real harm. :)

hiya ... ill poss consider this as well. altho the food is a little worry for me.see your from warks.. where abouts??

Good idea Badger.. i always used to be scared of higher plans.. i once had to do the 1000 when i was on anti biotics..!! lol.. silly me..! but you're right, with the stability of still having your packs it would mke you more likely to stay to plan

x x

Good idea Badger.. i always used to be scared of higher plans.. i once had to do the 1000 when i was on anti biotics..!! lol.. silly me..! but you're right, with the stability of still having your packs it would mke you more likely to stay to plan

x x

thanks guys.. got a few options to definately consider. i certainly have enough packs for the 1000 option.

heya hun, i hope you get something sorted it would be a real shame now if you had to have food for the two days your doing so well. have you checked the cd website to find another cdc near you and call and see if its possible to get enough shakes to tide you over? :hug99:

luv becky xx

i had a similar problem a few weeks ago, I thought of slim fast too but people on the forum advised against it. I went on Cambridge website and found another cdc who was in my area, and I sent her an email and explained the situation she very kindly brought me enough cd shakes/soups ect to tide me over until my own cdc was back from hols, suggest you give it a try

yeah i have had a check on the website and there is another one in my area so will send them an email about it. i was worried that they may be a bit funny about it but hopefully they wont be...

thanks guys you have been brill with your advice

and badger.. yup i know where southam is.. got a fair few mates that live there too! im north of the county (the not so posh side!)

Hi

Only an idea but if you cant get any cd supplies to tide you over for the two days, you could have a look at the avidlite website (www.avidlite.co.uk )
They do Atkins shakes and many other low carb meal replacement products by mail order and they come next day - just buy enough to get you through until your cdc comes back.
I buy low carb bars etc for breakfast from them as I no longer see my cdc (at goal) but I use them to keep my carbs low - worth a look if you get desperate.

Good luck!!!

Back