Question for CDCs or generally anyone cleverer than me!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MissPiggyFi, 19 April 2007 Social URL.

1. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Cambridge Diet USA
    Hello guys!

Let's talk bars.

I know that you shouldn't have too many bars or they give you wind:eek: ... I just wonder if anyone knows the reason why? What is it in them that has this effect?

I'm only wondering as I don't actually get wind if I have too many, but instead the following day I have very bad gastric reflux.

I have to see my doc next week about my tablets, and I was just wondering if it's only the cd bars that would cause this, or whether certain foods would have the same effect:confused:

Confused! Any answers gratefully received!!! x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hi Fiona

the reason why the guideline is to have just one bar a day is that they are higher in carbs than the shakes/soups and therefore could potentially knock some very carb-sensitive people out of ketosis. They also have more cals than the packs.

Some people report a flatulent effect lol - some people don't and have more than one bar a day but it's a very individual matter, hence the general guideline to ensure that the majority of people lose the maximum amount of weight in the shortest possible time.

Hope this makes sense - my bloke's been trying to talk to me whilst I'm typing this and I've lost my train of thought lol!

4. minime100

minime100 Full Member

I found the choc and caramel ones did rather unspeakable things to my digestive system (ahem), despite being flipping lovely, but I tried the nut one and the cranberry one last week and they were fine. Interestingly though, I did feel hungrier on the days I had them, which I think might be a sign that I wasnt in ketosis anymore. I only lost 3 lbs that week (and my second at that!). I am going to save them for my pmt week, when I would chew my own toe nails if they were coated in chocolate!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.