question for dontwanttobefatandfifty

kathryn B

Not a dukan question!!
Is that your dog on your profile and what kind is it??!!
Im looking for a little cuddly dog but stuck on what breed to get. :)

Hiya!

Yep, she is mine, that was her 'Sorry mummy!' picture. :D

She is a Lhasa Apso although people think that she is a Shih Tzu, but she has a normal muzzle where a Shih Tzu has a flat face.

lhasa apso - Google Search

:D

I'll post some more pics for you later when I am on the main pc.

6748808.jpg

6748819.jpg

6748830.jpg

6748842.jpg

This was her first week with us at 2 months old. :D

6748901.jpg

6748939.jpg

Just shows you how much their colour changes, she is 4 and has lost most of those dark colours now.

I'm so nosey peeking at a post that clearly wasn't directed at me, but wanted to say, what a little cutie! Absolutely adorable! We've got a yellow labrador, and he's 100% goofy nuttiness! But wouldn't be without him!

ADORABLE doggy!!! I have a little Border Collie, she was a rescue dog and I've had her for five years now, spoiled rotten but the best dog ever and better than ANY alarm system :)

She's gorgeous :D I've a little black cocker puppy

Oh, so cute!

I have 2 mix breed medium size dogs that nobody wants, we don't even know what mix they are, my little freaks.. deciding to give them a chance was my best decision ever:heartpump:

Though of course our dog and our toddler are 100% partners in crime... I still don't know which is worse, the dog teaching the toddler or the toddler teaching the dog! All I know is, where one is, the other is and there's ALWAYS mischief involved!!!

Adorable!

I keep promising myself a dog-friend when life/work/home allows it - I know it just wouldn't be sane to leave a dog alone in a flat for 12 hours a day, 5 days a week.

In a few years time I hope to be in the country - but then I'll have to find a mutt that won't chase snakes or small critters, as I there are adders, toads and red squirrels in the country hovel I'm trying to rebuild. (and I mean in not around!)

Lol atropos sounds like like house.... My puupy is always following some critter inside the house or casing toads round the garden lol

Last edited:
Atropos, that's why I've got 2:)

So glad you replied :) She is gorgeous and just what we want! I must show the pictures to my daughters tomorrow. Ive never heard of that breed. Does she need much exercise?

Omg she is gorgeous!!!!!!

I have a little Lhasa Apso too, he is Black, 9mths old!!!

He is the first little dog I've had but with a big personality!!! :)

He also try's to steal my gelattes!!!

So glad you replied :) She is gorgeous and just what we want! I must show the pictures to my daughters tomorrow. Ive never heard of that breed. Does she need much exercise?

The experts claim that they don't need a great deal of exercise, but any dog will get bored or depressed if they don't get taken for a decent walk.

I used to take mine on a 10 min (5 min there and back) walk a couple of times a day and she was happy with that. Now that I am doing Dukan she gets taken on a longer 3/4 mile each way which takes 15 mins each way, Dukan walk sorted! :D

They don't need very long walks, especially when very young as it can put pressure on their joints and they can end up with hip problems (this happened with my friend's westie, she had never had a dog before and took her for very long walks as a puppy thinking she was doing the right thing, as you would).

They need to be kept either short or be brushed a lot as they do not moult so can get very knotty, especially behind the ears and under their armpits.

The price varies for them, ours was
£550 but you can get them a couple of hundred pounds cheaper.

I have been told that they are one of the few dogs rec by the asthma society because the do not moult. My sister in law has an allergy to dogs but Ruby does not seem to affect her.

Omg she is gorgeous!!!!!!

I have a little Lhasa Apso too, he is Black, 9mths old!!!

He is the first little dog I've had but with a big personality!!! :)

He also try's to steal my gelattes!!!

We did say we wouldn't have another dog when our last 12 year old Lhasa died but the house was so empty.

We waited 1 year before buying Ruby and she was well worth the wait.

I hope you get as much pleasure from you little fella as we get from ours.

Video of mad Lhasa Apso

Here she is having a mad 5 mins when she was 11 months old before she had her first haircut, she looks like a mop running around the garden!

Notice how I put bubblewrap around the swing legs, she had a clumsy one day and ran straight into one, hence the protection.

;)

Mad Lhasa Apso - YouTube

Excuse the excuse for a garden! :D

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread here - have been peaking at your gorgeous doggie pics - love the vid :)
What a gorgeous cuddle blanket u have there - LOL.
Makes me wish I had a dog :-(
Was at my OH for nearly a year to have one - but he is sensible and pointed out we are just not home enough.
A local cat has just moved in - having found out he is from 10 doors down but doesn't like the noise and bustle that's come into his home (he's 8) - so he lives with us now - and great company he is - he's not a bundle of fluffy fun like u have though ;-)...

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread here - have been peaking at your gorgeous doggie pics - love the vid :)
What a gorgeous cuddle blanket u have there - LOL.
Makes me wish I had a dog :-(
Was at my OH for nearly a year to have one - but he is sensible and pointed out we are just not home enough.
A local cat has just moved in - having found out he is from 10 doors down but doesn't like the noise and bustle that's come into his home (he's 8) - so he lives with us now - and great company he is - he's not a bundle of fluffy fun like u have though ;-)...

I think that is lovely when a cat can feel so safe and feels like it can trust you enough to come into your home like that.

At least he will help you keep your heating bill down, bet he sleeps on your knee a lot, your own personal hot water bottle!

Back