Question for people with BMI less than 30

I have a current BMI of about 25 and therefore, from a clinical perspective I don't have that much weight to lose. But, I want to lose about 15 lbs (goal BMI of about 21-22) just to feel better. My question is for people in this same boat - which plan (EE, green, orignial etc.) do you find is the best for your weight loss and do you find the weight comes off really slow? I've tried SW before (mainly green days) but STS. I want to give it another go, but not very confident it will work for me. Would love some advice at this point. Thanks in advance!

very slow and really having to reduce my portion sizes as well as only eating superfree foods or healthy extras between meals xx

I think it may depend if your BMI is 25 at the start of the diet. I started SW 4 weeks ago with a BMI of 25 or thereabouts and have lost 9 and a half pounds on the EE plan. I have to say though that i dont eat large amounts of potatoes and i dont eat pasta but do eat rice. I do look at portion sizes of these kinds of food. I also only eat when im hungry, i only snack on fruit or fat free fruit yoghurt. I tend to have about 8 syns per day on average. I think it depends on the individual person really and I dont have much trouble losing weight when i apply myself but i have a tendency to gain weight cos i just love chocolate and full fat curries. Give it a go anyway and see how you go. Good luck :) x x

I started SW with a bmi of around 29. I'm currently about 24 and would like to lose about half a stone more.

Steady and slow has been my whole weight loss journey! It can be frustrating at times, but it's the best way. It has allowed me to be flexible and have variety in my diet. I have some good weeks, some great weeks and some not-so-good weeks as well.

I have done a mixture of red, green and extra easy. I now mostly do EE or green as I'm trying to eat less meat. The closer I've got to target, I've found what's worked for me is to eat less free food. I still eat plenty, but I fill up more on superfree fruit and vegetables and have smaller portions of starchy carbs like pasta and potatoes. I still eat my syns, as this helps me to not feel deprived of anything!

Hi ChronicDieter,

Like the others say, it will be slow and steady. I started at the beginning of Jan and have lost 5lbs, 2lbs then 1lb every week since, except for one where I had no loss.

I do a mixture of red/green days and find this works best for me but only because I have done this before so I can do it without having to think about it - I've never quite got my head around EE.

I generally use my syns, somewhere between 0-15 - some days I only use a couple, however, that means if I have an extra glass of wine on a Friday night then I don't worry too much about it.
I think remembering the rule of 'everything in moderation' is the key to sucess. I stick to mostly green days as I prefer more carbs than meat, however, I am mindful that I have to watch my portion control and not just pile my plate high as that would be counter-productive.

I have another 6lbs to lose and I'm hoping that I haven't reached that dreaded plateau.....

Good luck xx

Think i started off BMI about 26 it's now 23 but still a little way to go, for myself. I find that red days are better for my weight loss but i don't just stick to red day as it would get very boring

I'm not sure what my BMI was when I started. But I only had 16lbs to lose & now have just 3lbs until target.

The loss has been slow, but I always have 15 syns per day which I enjoy & feel I need.

I tend to have mostly green days as I'm not really a meat eater. But I do try & have at least 2 red days per week.

I have tried EE but found I gained weight so now I'm not even going to try an EE day.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi, my start bmi was 29.9. I was so upset by this that I lost 7lbs before I started sw! after 4 weigh ins Im down another 7lbs. My bmi is around 27 now but my weight loss is still good. I agree with whats been written about portion sizes, I have been very careful to keep my meals to a healthy but small size. Remember to weigh or get the size right on the hex's. I dont use up all my syns, how many I use just depends on the day, if I dont use the syns in that day I lose them, I dont carry them over to the next day or save them over the week. I feel that if I did save them all I would be eating too much for me, having said that there is no reason not to use them all
Anna x

My BMI is now 23.8 and I'm losing steadily now I've been following the plans again. I have lost 6lb in the last 3 weeks, my BMI was 24.9.
I do red, green and EE. I don't think any particular plan results in faster losses, not for me anyway, variety is the key.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the advice, this is really helpful. I think I'm gonna try green days again and be more mindful of my portion sizes. I'm a carb-lover and telling me that I can eat as much pasta as I want is dangerous! ;) I've also started a work-out program, which I will try to stick to 5 days per week, which hopefully will help.

Back