question for the ladies

jac76

I am on week 5 of my 12 week count down after rejoining sw.
Have lost 5.5lbs so far which is ok, but last weekend I had a bad day :( went out for tapas and was good with the eating just not the drinking.
But straight back on it sunday so thought i would be ok ish.

It's nearly that time of the month and have felt really heavy and bloated, and so exhausted not really excercised apart from normal walking 1.5 hours a day to school. I have been drinking loads of water and green tea. But I made the mistake of getting on the scales at home this morning, it says i have put on nearly 4lb!! got weigh in thursday eve and really am not wanting to go now. I don't have that much to lose but am finding it really hard without being 100% and exercising loads

Does anyone else get this problem of piling on pounds around your monthlies and being so tried ??

I usually put weight on around that time of the month too....think most of us do......blooming water retention.......try not to get disheartened as you may lose some before your weigh in....but im sure the week after you will be fine xx

Be strong.......you can do it x

yes its most defo water retension i have the same problem! dont worry you will pee it away soon!

Drink lots of water it should help but please do go for weigh in, it might not be the number you'd like to see but atleast it's over and done with in a few seconds and you can look forward to a better number next week. I think it's tempting to miss weigh in when you feel like you do but then we'd all miss it a couple of times every month. It's just how your body works and even once you're at target it will fluctuate so we all have to learn to get used to it however hard it is!:)

yes defo water retention, but please please please do go to WI. It may not be as bad as you thought. and throw away your scales.x

Do not avoid the scales at class Hun its the worst thing you can do!
I have been known to gain anything up to 7lbs during totm, but then loose it again and more the following week.
You may surprise yourself and find that you may have lost anyway.
The consultant makes allowances for this sort of time, so its all taken into consideration.

Back