Question for the people who have swapped from SW

I still think it is better to go to one meeting, get it all explained properly, collect the books and don't go again if you don't want to. if you haunt around there is often offers for free registration or your first week free etc and even without this it is so much cheaper that buying them off Ebay x

I prefer the format of WW meetings too. I used to get bored after over an hour of going round everyone asking about their week and clapping. I prefer having a topic to discuss and everyone chipping in, it gives more a feel of camaraderie I think.

I also like that WW doesn't have Slimmer of the Week or similar. It seems strange to me that we are told constantly that 1-2lbs loss a week is healthy, yet it was the massive losses that were celebrated every week.

I also like that WW doesn't have Slimmer of the Week or similar. It seems strange to me that we are told constantly that 1-2lbs loss a week is healthy, yet it was the massive losses that were celebrated every week.
I think that is very true. Never really thought about it like that before but now you have mentioned it, makes lots of sense. It's a bit like slimmer of the year. you can only get it if you lose over 3 stone. What about people like myself who never needed to lose three stone. My two stone was just as important to me x

lost with ww online and found it was good: esp liked the fact you could add in your own recipes and it would 'point' it for you: esp good if doing family meals.

Having had a baby earlier in the year, I rejoined ww and got nowhere: I blame it on me wholly: just wasnt motivated enuf.

So cancelled my online sub and now doing SW after friends on another message board had sucess on it: I didnt want to do it the first time when I did WW as the whole red/green thing seemed like too much hard work!

Now I'm doing the Extra Easy thing which is going ok: getting into the hang of eating all that fruit and veg but as said above, it might be expensive! I'm not wondering too much abt portion control of meat and pasta as I'm not eating loads. Does take a bit of "thinking" abt what to make for dinner and then plan other meals round it.

Downside of SW for me is that I like having cereal for brekkie and sandwiches for lunch so when using SW extra easy one of those uses my "healthy b" and dont really want to use syns for the other as often dinner will have "syns" that I need to make it not taste of diet food and be acceptable for my family to eat. Plus when on SW at mo, I am being sensible and not having a biscuit in teh afternoon and then think I need to modify dinner so theres less points in it: more like I say thats for dinner and its not changing so do I need a biscuit now or save the syns for later when its my "weak" time. But again, I think its more my state of mind than anything.

When I retried WW earlier, my points were 18 a day (less than before as I'm a SAHM rather than on my feet all day in work) and I couldnt do it. Plus I couldnt be bothered exercising enough to get extra food points....

Both have pros and cons: I found a swop to SW just gave me the motivation to get going again: thats all rather than what the diet was like.

I ebayed for my SW books as I wanted them quickly whilst I was motivated to start.

I dont go to classes as I dont personally want to spend £5 a week to sit and talk abt dieting and food and being fat: the £5's better spent on exercise classes. (No Rosemary Conley classes near me or else I'd be doing that as I like the exercise element of a weekly diet meeting)

Back