Question for the smokers here...

Hi BL
I haven't found that. What I have found is that I am smoking alot more. I used to have maybe 5 a day now its more like 10 :eek:.
But as you say one vice at a time.

Just wondering, I have noticed since stating LL, particluarly this last week that my ciggerettes taste horrible!

Just wondered if anyone else noticed that?

(And before anyone says, "Good time to quit then!"....I am afraid I can only conquer one vice at a time!!;))

But maybe them tasting horrible might put you off them and help you to get rid of that vice at the same time. Still, if you can manage to smoke something that tastes horrible then you'll probably manage to eat some of the things on LL that others don't like and will probably stick to it easily!!

But maybe them tasting horrible might put you off them and help you to get rid of that vice at the same time. Still, if you can manage to smoke something that tastes horrible then you'll probably manage to eat some of the things on LL that others don't like and will probably stick to it easily!!

That would be nice!! But I make NO committment!!! LOL :p;)

Fortunately for me, I like every single packet and bar. So, it's a no brainer for me. :D

I feel for those that don't like the packs....it does make it much easier this way I think. But I did spend weeks before starting convincing myself I could do this, that I would enjoy the food, etc., and I do believe being psychologically prepared helped alot. Failure and/or dissappointment was not an option. :)

Its strange isn't it Miss F? Almost like they taste when you are coming down with a cold. I wondered if it was jst coincidence and I had gotten 2 or 3 stale packets of baccy, or if the ketosis makes it taste weird.

I have not had the ketosis breathe, or metallic taste at all - maybe its coming out that way?

You might find that the counselling that you get with LL might help you kick the fags.
For me both giving up smoking and LL was a state of mind thing.
I tried for years to give up and the last time, I was in the right frame of mind and knew I wouldn't smoke again, that was 6 years ago in October and I couldn't imagine ever taking it back up again.

I totally agree, I meant that after you finish LL, you could well find you are in the right place to tackle the fags.
There was something in the news last week that said obesity is worse than fags (or something like that), so you are doing it the right way round ;)

I had the same thing, and stopped while I was in abstenince. Hadn't planned to, but I think the CBT helped me tackle my reasons behind smoking. As my self esteem increased, the nicotine goggles fell off. I just couldn't justify smoking to myself anymore. I accept that some people may never stop, but I believe that the majority of smokers hate it. Have lapsed a couple of times, but feel like I've really beaten it. And it feels great!

I just wanted to put my 2p in - I have totally cut down on fags cos I can't chew gum anymore to hide the taste and I have to drink tons of water to get rid of the taste. It is odd, I used to like the fag taste, but not anymore!

Hi All,
I gave up the fags nearly 8 years ago and I was in exactly the same frame of mind about it as I am now with Lighterlife.... that's why I know I will succeed with my weight loss :D I do think that doing both together could be very stressful! One at a time is enough for me :cool:

Hi All,
I gave up the fags nearly 8 years ago and I was in exactly the same frame of mind about it as I am now with Lighterlife.... that's why I know I will succeed with my weight loss :D I do think that doing both together could be very stressful! One at a time is enough for me :cool:
totally agree bex, I knew I would succeed with LL too, it is that frame of mind thing. It has been hard at times and I am not quite there yet, but I know I will finish the programme completely.
I just don't 'know' if I can keep it off for life, I think I can.
DH and I have a plan; we are going to weigh in together every Sunday morning and keep an eye on each other, we will both set limits we don't want to go over and hopefully that will keep us both on track.

Hi Ali...

Is your Hubby doing LL too, or will just paricipate in weekly weigh ins with you? Thats a good idea!

If it's any comfort, they say quitting tobacco is the hardest addiction to quit - even harder then heroin. So....if you can do ciggies and have stayed off them you can do that - I mean keep it off!! I think you will. :)

I smoked more whilst on CD, Ive cut down again now, but all of a sudden they thoughts are creeping in that I might want to stop smoking, just like before CD, one of thoughts thats scares you and I push it out of my mind, Ive never had these thoughts before!!!

Weird!! Just like with CD, I thought and thought, it wasnt a rash decision for me, I oushed the thoughts out loads but it still came back, I think this will be the same for the evil weed!

I smoked 15 a day for 17 years. My children wanted me to stop and every time I saw the advert where the girl getting married said her mum should be there I felt so guilty.Another ad said, if you think quitting is hard, try telling your kids you have cancer ( or words to that effect). I bough the paul Mckenna 4 cd thing. Went into my bedroom on a sunday evening, listened to all 4 cd's one after the other and really went along with all the things he told me to do, try to feel etc. That was over 6 months ago. The first few days were wierd and I felt a bit wappy but I'm fine. I never really think about smoking anymore now. My husband still smokes 20 a day and people ask how I coped with it. Easier I think because we've tried to pack in together twice and he always starts again - he is the weakest link. goodbye. x

Hi Ali...

Is your Hubby doing LL too, or will just paricipate in weekly weigh ins with you? Thats a good idea!

If it's any comfort, they say quitting tobacco is the hardest addiction to quit - even harder then heroin. So....if you can do ciggies and have stayed off them you can do that - I mean keep it off!! I think you will. :)
DH isn't doing LL, he is doing his own kind of diet. He is doing OK on it, he thought about LL but doesn't think he could hack it!
I think weighing in together will definitely help keep me in check.

Back