Question for those that have lost loads

I signed up for a course of 10 Physique Slim (its like slender tone, pads with electric currents...I call it electric shock treatment!) and have had 7 so far. The pads are placed on waist, stomach thighs and bottom and have found that this has also helped tighen up my skin. My legs are defo looking better.

I can cope with some loose skin, much better than carrying the weight anyday. I have also read somewhere that its actually about 2 months for each stone you loose for your body to adjust and catch up. Keeping fingers crossed xxxx

I can cope with some loose skin, much better than carrying the weight anyday. I have also read somewhere that its actually about 2 months for each stone you loose for your body to adjust and catch up. Keeping fingers crossed xxxx

I didnt know there was such a time lag between weight loss and skin shrinking. That gives me a little hope then, that I wont look like a saggy rhino at the end of this!!

I once had some electric pulse pads (by Rio, I think). I was too fat for them to stay in place properly, they just rolled off as the elastic was so tight!!!:doh: I gave the set to my sister, who I dont think has ever taken them out of the box!! Mind you, maybe I will treat myself to some prof treatment once this is over????

Nice to know im not alone with my squishy thighs! Im pleased to read that most times the skin does go back. Thans for the reaasurance ladies.
Natalie it will be a pleasure to share our journeys, can be a lonely business this weight loss malarky.

The more I think about this and the more I look at my body the more depressed i get - yesterday i got so depressed about it i ate a mouthful of sausage i dont want to have hanging skin and the more i look the more stretch marks i find the more likely i will have hanging skin.

I know it just makes me think what an idiot i have been letting myself get so big so that this is a problem we only have one body and in a way in 29 years i have managed to f*ck my one up :(

But you are mending it now. So you may have slightly and it will only be slightly by the time you have finished stretched your skin but at least your internal organs will not be covered by a layer of harmful fat, you are not pumping your body full of toxic drugs instead you are giving it all the nutrition it needs to be healthy and when some of they weight is off maybe youll start to exercise and move more giving it an even better boost. There are worse things we could have done than get fat, despite what the media would have us believe.

Very wise words, Happe. :)

After two huge pregnancies, then spending my twenties over weight, I now have some loose skin after losing almost 6 stone. I have a proper 'apron' on my stomach, but then, my stomach was already hanging before losing weight, and is completely covered in stretch marks. The skin's obviously stretched far too much to ever spring back. I also have slight 'bingo wings', but they're not too bad and don't put me off wearing vest tops. My thighs are still quite fat and are loose and wobbly, so I can't see them changing an awful lot now, especially since i've been at goal for around twenty-one months.
I can certainly empathise with 'can'twait's comments, as, at 33 years old i'm rather annoyed with myself for wrecking my body in this way! However, as you say Happe, when I was fat there was no concealing it, whereas with the correct knickers to stop my tummy skin wobbling around (ugh!), and wearing skirts at least to the knee, no-one would ever know i'd ever been overweight. It's only really bikinis and shorts that cause a problem! I'd rather be healthy and look good in clothes than unhealthy and look fat all the time, any day!

I can live with the thighs as i'm past my mini skirt wearing days anyhow. :p I have recently seen my GP about the tummy skin, and he's referred me to an NHS plastic surgeon. I still haven't 100% decided that I will go for the tummy tuck (scary stuff!), but at least the option is potentially there.

Jo x

I had 2 huge pregnancies too Jo, my boy weighed in at 10lb7oz, and although i do have an apron i hvae no stretch marks. Think i may be lucky and my tummy will more or less shrink with me but my thighs and arms will wobble i think. Im so willing to sacrifice fat lumpy thighs for wobbly ones though. Whatever im still going to look better than i do now.

This is very true I think I imagine the worst which i need to stop doing!!! I have never been one for short skirts as even before i had my Son I always had rugby player thighs and as long as my bum shrinks enough to fit into a wing armed chair and people dont look at me like i am an alien then it will be worth it all x

Hi everyone

I have lost 6.5 stone and i'm 34 years old. My problem areas are my tummy and boobs - my tum is a bit crinkly at the bottom and slightly overhangs normal knickers - so thank god for the "shorts" knickers!! My boobs are still huge (34FF) but they are a bit crinkly if i lean to one side or something.

People have told me that they would never of thought i'd ever been fat so dressed i must look OK. Naked though is a different story - never been a problem with blokes though.

Yikees I have a wrinkly belly! My arms are okish but I think I have sight wings.

My CDC said the best way to get rid of this without surgery is to go right down to BMI 18.9 then build back up. I have also done a load of research for hours and found this really good site, so if you are worried about saggy skin just go down and come back up - cheap, easy and quick. The reason you have saggy skin - if you do is that their is still fat underneath. Read this The Myth of Loose Skin

Wish me luck getting down to 18.9 (yikees!)

Love Bunny xxx

blimey 18.9 what weight would that be for you bunny
oh good luck too [i think] it does sounds a bit scarey LOL
nat xx

gosh just worked out that to get to bmi 18.6 would take me 51 pounds UNDER target weight, and i would end up 10 stones, which for 6 ft 2 would be very alarming
not disputing that the theory is correct about the body fat and everything as it does sounds quite plausible
just worried that weighing so little would not be good for you bunny
hopefully it will get better before you have to get down so low
nat xx

Hey Nat are you 6'2"? Not often I meet someone even taller than me although I do have one friend who is 6'2" and she must weigh about 10 stone - a real skinnymalinky but she's like that naturally and wishes she could put on a bit of beef! Apart from LTS(natch!), which shops do you go to for clothes? I find Ann Harvey does some good long stuff .... by the way I remember you mentioning magic knickers in another post - I have bought some Trinny and Susannah magic thong knickers and they are fantastic! Well done on your amazing loss by the way!

my arms are never going to be toned, theyre very saggy and im only 20yr old. id rather live wit saggy arms than 10 extra stones!

My arms are really getting me down...all my smaller size tops have shorter sleeves and my arms are huge......!

Just found this thread. Having lost over 11 stone in 2002/2003, I can confirm that the skin definitely does look better after a period of time. BUT, where I'm concerned at least at age 43 now, there are definitely areas where things are not going to improve any further.

As someone else said, though, I'm past the age of mini skirts, have been on a beach and felt great irrespective and, as Karen says, people are always amazed when I tell them what I used to wear so can presume I am hiding the extra skin well!

I did see a surgeon about corrective surgery and, given the extent of my situation, he recommended THREE body lifts (each operation requiring one week in hospital, one month recovery) and I'm definitely not up for the pain of that.

So I'm stuck with it, and perfectly happy that way. Being slim is worth it, and I'm quite content to keep my "battle scars", if you will...

It amazes me that people think of this "on the way", though, 'cos it never occurred to me! I just wanted to get slim!

As for going to a BMI 18.6, that's gotta be dangerous to your health surely?

Back