Question on 1/3 superfree on EE days

CarolineJ

Hi,

I've been doing SW for just over 3 weeks now and am really happy with the results so far!

I've been doing EE days, as it is just so easy not having to measure pasta, rice and meat etc, and it fits well with my fairly busy home life!

I've just a quick query about the 1/3 superfree foods, which came to me whilst I was doing the washing up for some reason.

Does the 1/3 of your plate superfood have to be seperate? What I mean is, tonight I had risotto, which I made with onions, celery, leeks, peas, stock, herbs and chicken.

Now, more than 1/3 of this is superfree foods, but does it count towards the 1/3 of my plate?

I hope so, as most of our dinners tend to be like this, where there are a lot of veg within a dish.

Thanks! :)

I would say so, thats what I do. For example, I'll have pasta, mix it with some chicken pieces, brocolli, green beans and passatta and my HEXA cheese on top.

It works for me.

Phew, that's brilliant, thank you for your answers!

A lot of our meals are like that, spag bol, chilli and shepherds pie, for example, I use very little mince in, 200g for the whole meal, and it will normally serve about 3 good servings, the rest I bulk out with onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots for shepherds pie, kidney beans etc.

I've been looking through my recipes too so that I don't have to change everything to drastically, and most of my recipes are good to go for EE days, I've just stopped using oil and butter in them, for example my risotto tonight should have had a tbsp of olive oil and 28g of butter, but it didn't taste any different without them, which meant that it was free! Yippee!

Back