Question please?

ILOVEMFP

Hi,
I'm new to CC. Previously did SW lost 2 stone, fell off the wagon and put a stone and a half back on.
Lost 5lbs so far on CC want to lose another 1 st 9 lbs.
I'm 5"4 and currently weigh 11st 9lbs. Goal is 10 stone!
I have set myself at 1200 calories a day on my fitness pal as I know others who have done this and recommended for losing weight, however also know people set a 1500 calories also.
Does it make a difference if I go over my calories a few times a week (I'm talking by 100 calories or less) if my average for the week still works out as 1200 calories a day?
Also, my fitness pal says if I burn e.g 300 calls exercising I can eat those back for the day (I do 3 times a week at the gym burning 300-500 calls a time). Is this accurate? Any help appreciated! :)

starting weight 12 st, current weight 11.9, goal weight 10 st - lost 5 lbs

Hey there.. I just started calorie counting in the last monthish. As for eating back the calories its diferent for everyone. I know someone who loses more if they eat back their exercise calories so that it was i tried when is started CC, but disnt have moch loss at all so i started just staying within my 1200 and have had decent losses the last week or two. I think its more something you have to experiment with and find what works best for you. Best of luck thouh :)

Personally I think mfp sets calories very low, I am 5ft 3 and 13 1/2st and mfp set me at 1200 cals. I've looked at several calorie intake sites and they do vary, so I have set my own at 1400 cals and I also eat about 1/2 or just under 1/2 of my exercise cals back. When I stick to this I loose weight.
I struggled to keep to 1200 cals and because of that I was hungry then I'd binge, others say they struggle to eat 1200 so I suppose it depends what you are comfortable with

Thank you guys that's really helpful finding how it works for you. The last couple of days I've been eating back some of my exercise calories but not all. I think you're right to find out what works best for the individual, I try not to go over but sometimes it is a struggle to keep under 1200 especially when a drink comes into the mix. I think it's a fine line eating too much or too little if you are exercising as well. Trial and error I suppose that's been a great help though! Best of luck to you both too! X

starting weight 12 st, current weight 11.9, goal weight 10 st - lost 5 lbs

Back