Question re holidays -advice please!!

mrs bee

doesn't like the rain!
Right, I have just completed my 1st week on LT.

In 3 weeks it is my hubbys birthday where the plan basically involves lots of people and a buffet at our fave ever place to eat, I know I will not be able to resist!

3 weeks after that I will be going on holiday and I would like to be able to have at least one meal a day with my husband whilst away- in an ideal world!!

So my question is, how should I handle all this with regards to LT? I want to enjoy his birthday and our hoilday, however I had a pretty rought 1st week and don't want to feel too rubbish again if I have to get back into LT

Your advice is very much appreciated, thanks in advance xx

Hi well i have been doing LT for 5 weeks and it's my birthday in 3 weeks. I am going out for a meal and I was advised to have 2 shakes and a meal the week leading up to my birthday weekend. When the partying is over just go back to 3 shakes again. HTH

You will lose loads of weight on LT if you follow the diet properly. There is no point in following the diet unless you are committed to not eating for a substantial period of time. The results are worth it so give it a go! Good luck!!!

My chemist advised me the same as Stinkybreath which was to have shakes morning and lunch then eat in the evening but be sensible about it, I have a lot of weight to lose and a number of memorable occasions so I made a decision to eat rather than pack in the diet all together. I did not have the capacity to remain on the diet and miss the "events" happening in my life so I choose to eat and remain on the diet. The alternative for me would have been to pack it all in. But do bear in mind that the weight will come off more slowly if you eat

If I'm honest i don't really see the difference in your choosing to eat over the celebrations and others choosing to re-feed.
The bottom line is choose what suits you - at the end of the day you are only answerable to yourself.
Good luck in which ever way you choose to go

I am committed totally to this, however, I know this will be hard for me, I do not want to feel deprived as I know from the past I will give up, so I would rather be lenient for a few days and do it sensibly than totally fall off the wagon!
You will lose loads of weight on LT if you follow the diet properly. There is no point in following the diet unless you are committed to not eating for a substantial period of time. The results are worth it so give it a go! Good luck!!!

Speak to the pharmacy...explain what you have coming up...you could do a refeed for a short while, sticking with protein foods to keep you in ketosis, and back on LT, after you break...good luck...a hard decision... dont envy you, i will be facing a similar time at end of oct!

I had a similar idea as I'm going to New York for 10 days mid November and we will be out for dinner every night. When I phoned LT they said 'no way should I eat whilst on LT', that it 'didn't work like that' (meaning two shakes and a meal), and 'if I started eating without refeeding first I would start eating for England'....

Their advice was to do a week of refeed and then maintenance products twice a day and one meal.

In the end I've defected to Cambridge 810 because I was craving salad, for the first time in my life! And the 810 plan is exactly what I can do when I'm away, and I find the shakes, bars etc much more pleasant. Weight loss is apparently only slowed by 2-4 pounds a month doing it this way and I don't feel deprived at all.

Back