Question - TMI Probably!!

SteveM

Silver Member
Hi guys - this run on CD I seem to be experiencing all sorts of things that I never suffered last time, and here I go again.

Last weigh-in I elected to start coming up the plans as I need to get back to the gym as when I go on holiday at the start of Aug the apartments I stay in are at the top of a 1:3 hill, and the walk is 2km top to bottom. If I do not get my fitness back it is going to kill me (2 years ago I was running up the hill :eek:). Anyway ......

I have moved to SS+ and since I have been having the little to eat each day it is almost like I have been eating concrete. There is no "movement" whatsoever. I have suffered quite badly with constipation this time, but at the moment it is awful ..... just short of a week now!!

Problem is that I am starting to "gain" weight (I know it will go when things change), but WI is tomorrow!! Also, I had run out of Dulcolax, so stupidly I took some of the wife's Senokot ..... and bam! straight out of ketosis. That was 3 days ago and no effect, and still no ketosis.

I am taking Fibre89 every day as suggested by KD, but I seem to be suffering this time.

Anyone else had these problems, and how did you get round them??

Just out of interest, have you upped your water intake now you're training more?? May have an effect that's all..

I am not training yet. As suggested by KD (she really is a great help!!) I am coming up the plans and will not commence training until I am on 1000. I will take it steady at that point and then slowly up the exercise as I move up the plans.

My water intake is pretty consistent at between 3 and 4 litres of pure (no flavourings at all) water, pluss whatever I have extra in drinks, w/ bars, tetras etc.

Mr Gp perscribed me with tablets, (so sorry cant remember name and can't find packet) I went in about 6 hours.

It may be worth visiting the dreaded Dr!!!

Problem is that I am starting to "gain" weight (I know it will go when things change), but WI is tomorrow!! Also, I had run out of Dulcolax, so stupidly I took some of the wife's Senokot ..... and bam! straight out of ketosis. That was 3 days ago and no effect, and still no ketosis.

I am taking Fibre89 every day as suggested by KD, but I seem to be suffering this time.

Anyone else had these problems, and how did you get round them??

Hiya Steve :wavey:

Dulcolax: Strictly speaking, dulcolax isn't recommended on any VLCD as it can be too powerful/painful.

Senokot: Is recommended. Never heard of anyone coming out of ketosis on senokot...but perhaps you are particularly sensitive to it. If it's just the stixs telling you that you are out of ketosis, rather than the symptoms, ignore it. Otherwise find another laxative.

Fibre 89: Don't take this if you are constipated as it can make it worse. It's a bulker. So stop that for the moment. Were you taking the right amount? Sometimes these things need a little tweaking for find the right individual dose.

Other suggestions: Use a glycerine suppository. Attack from both ends ;) Some people find sparkling water also helps. Manual evacuation? But only if easy. (tip...use a good quality latex glove ;)) The glycerine suppository and a laxative should do the job though.

Hope you get some relief soon. Constipation is a real pain in the arse (excuse the pun)

it happened to me 2 weeks ago and i got some glycerin suppositories from the chemist, went in about 10 mins, now take benefibre every day and drink as much water as i possibly can x

I never had this problem last time, but this time i am struggling constantly too.
Had dulcolax 2 tabs once and was in agony, but have taken one since to help...
Am hoping everything will right itself when I go back to eating eventually!!

x

Constipation has been a constant problem to me throughout this diet. I take a tablespoon of linseeds every day, but sometimes I still need the help of Dulco Ease. I'm drinking 3 litres of water every day too. Can't wait for my 810 week, hope it might be a bit easier then!

Unfortunately for me, it was when I started regular intake of food that I bunged up worse than ever!!!!

But, I have stopped the Fibre89 and I tried the sparkling water (plain soda water - it is amazing how many of the sparkling waters have citric acid in them even though they are supposedly "plain" with no additives!!). Once again KD comes to the rescue ....... :superwoman:

Things are moving (at least starting to). Did not fancy all that other stuff :eek:, so glad this is working. I may try to find something to take each day to try to ease this situation because as KD says it is becoming a right pain in the ar$e!

I will just have to take todays weigh-in w/ a pinch of salt (yes KD, I know I say this and start moaning about it afterwards :)).

Back