Question

curvy_em

Fresh start
Are there any apps or websites that allow you to put your height and weight in and give you an idea of what clothes size. Reason I ask is I no how much weight I want to lose but I don't know what clothes size it would make me. I know all shops are different it would be cool to have a rough idea so something to aim to as well as the weight :)

I think that would be quite difficult to predict as your clothes size would also depend on where you carry your weight, I carry the bulk of mine around my stomach so have to get much larger trousers, whereas I know someone who is the same height as me but weighs alot less and is the same clothes size.

I agree, I'm still too ashamed of my weight to go public but I'm already down to a 14/16 with several stone to go!

dont know of any, maybe an idea of waist measurements might help. theres an interesting thread on here somewhere.. might be S&S sect of everyone giving their height, weight and dress sizes, was amazing to see the differences! like for eg, my friend who is roughly a foot taller than me, heavier but we have the same bmi, but she is about 2 dress sizes bigger.
I consider (and sorry if im wrong here) but if youre fairly tall then size 12/14 is healthy, then shorter 12/10 and super short, 8/10. I should be a size 8/10 at my height, and with a bmi of 25 id be a size 10- sounds small but 25 is overweight, its interesting!

There isn't anything like that because it's impossible to do really. I've seen others at my height and weight be a bigger size than me and also others a smaller size. It depends on so many things like how you carry your weight, what shape you are, how much of your weight is fat/muscle/bone etc. So unfortunately, it's really not possible to do, which is a shame as I'd like to know too! The rough rule of thumb is an average of one dress size per stone that you lose. Obviously it differs for different people but that's the rough rule of thumb, has been about right for me so far. Personally, I don't have a goal weight at all. I have a goal size. I'm aiming for a 12 (possibly a 14 as I'm pretty tall) and I'll stop when I get there, whatever weight that may be.

I think that's probably people who have been that size/weight before and so already know that they're that size at that weight. Personally I've only ever been big, the only time I've ever been a size 10 is when I passed it on the way up to here! So I can't really say well I want to be this size and this weight because I don't really know what to expect size-wise at different weights. That's why I'm just going to play it by ear really. The number on the scales means a lot less to me than the number on my jeans though to be honest!

There is a website where you put in your weight and then it brings up pics of people of the same size/weight. Can remember what it's called tho sorry-maybe try a google search x

Ive also guessed what size by weight id be based on my mum and sister who are the same height as me and very similar shapes, so as they are size 8/10 and weigh between 9st7lb and 10st I know i would be similar. and when I was just about 11st I was a solid size12 almost a 10 in tops

I've seen a website before where you enter your measurements and it told your what shop does the best 'size' for your measurements, so like who's size 14 is the closest to matching your measurements etc, but I found it quite inaccurate as most of the sizes were actually too big for me.

I think the website mentioned before was this one Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like you could put in the hight, and the weight you are, or would like to be and have and tick the body shape you have and see other women's bodies, around the same hight or weight and see what they look like, it's amazing to see the variation in the same shape of women who weight the same, and are the same hight.

I've seen a website before where you enter your measurements and it told your what shop does the best 'size' for your measurements, so like who's size 14 is the closest to matching your measurements etc, but I found it quite inaccurate as most of the sizes were actually too big for me.

I think the website mentioned before was this one Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like you could put in the hight, and the weight you are, or would like to be and have and tick the body shape you have and see other women's bodies, around the same hight or weight and see what they look like, it's amazing to see the variation in the same shape of women who weight the same, and are the same hight.

That's the one I meant

i think it depends on where you carry your weight

Back