Question!?

alisoncuthbert

Hi all, I started CD for the very first time 2 weeks ago and have lost 11lbs and 3 inches off my waist so far! Absolutely over the moon and although I am finding it tough at times, overall I'm loving it! I feel a lot more in control than I would doing any other diet!

I have a question though! I'm currently going Soul Source.. but I was wondering if anyone does Soul Source most of the week but then maybe once or twice a week slip into Soul Source Plus by having 3 packs and 1 200 calorie meal? I'm asking because I was planning on doing that this weekend as I'm having dinner at friends, and I was going to have 2 eggs and some rocket or something along those lines (sticking to what's in the book). My consultant said that would be totally fine, as long as I stick to the food that's on the list. But I just wanted to get other peoples feedback, I'm concerned it might slow down my weightloss, but at the same time would be nice to enjoy a (small) meal with close friends, especially since i'm not drinking wine!! What do you think?

Just stumbled across this forum tonight and I'm so glad I did :)

Hi,

The losses on SS and SS+ are almost the same - so as long as you stick to the weights and foods allowed then you should be fine :)

Heya! Well i am a nurse and i work 5 12 hour shifts a week so i do sole source + those days and on my day off i do sole source. This works out great for me as i find it easier to do the diet that way. I started off at 17st today i did a cheeky weigh in and im now 16.4 but my official weigh in is tomorrow! But as long as you stick to the plan on ss+ its not bad! Hope that helped.

phaabulos said:
Heya! Well i am a nurse and i work 5 12 hour shifts a week so i do sole source + those days and on my day off i do sole source. This works out great for me as i find it easier to do the diet that way. I started off at 17st today i did a cheeky weigh in and im now 16.4 but my official weigh in is tomorrow! But as long as you stick to the plan on ss+ its not bad! Hope that helped.

Oh my gosh 12 hours per week?! I'm a nurse and couldn't think of anything worse lol. Good for you though xxx

I find it easier doing soul source when i'm going 12 hour shifts, but that's just me! Will be nice to sit and eat dinner with friends on saturday night, even if I won't be having anything very exciting lol!

alisoncuthbert said:
I find it easier doing soul source when i'm going 12 hour shifts, but that's just me! Will be nice to sit and eat dinner with friends on saturday night, even if I won't be having anything very exciting lol!

You could try make it exciting by adding spices or making a nice omelette or something? X

I do SS+ occasionally - once a week.

My absolute fave is grilled chicken with grilled green pepper.

The pepper is really nice and juicy x

I'm veggie so I had quorn, cottage cheese, spinach, mushroom and broccoli all heated together with salt, pepper and curry powder. Was ok, but not really my thing! Next time I decide to eat i'm going to have eggs! :D

I'm veggie so I had quorn, cottage cheese, spinach, mushroom and broccoli all heated together with salt, pepper and curry powder. Was ok, but not really my thing! Next time I decide to eat i'm going to have eggs! :D

Alison, you shouldn't be adding salt to any of your meals it'll make you retain fluid and slow weight loss x pepper and spices are fine just no salt x

I know but I LOVE salt! I have cut down on it considerably though! I don't add it to my soups anymore, it was just that meal, and considering all the salt that was in it was from what I put into it I consider that ok. It wasn't like I was adding salt to something that already had it in it.

Back