QUESTION...

no pain no gain!

My Mum Started Lipotrim A Month Back... Did It For 1 Wk And Then Had A Bad Stomach Upset. Was Hospitalized For 3 Days. Docs Thought She Might Have Stones In The Gallblader. Scans Were Done, But No Reply. She Was Told To Cut Down On Fatty Foods, Grease Etc.... My Question Is , Is There Anyone Who Is Doing This Diet With The Similar Prob. Has Anyone Had Gallstones? She Really Wants To Continue The Lipotrim And Is Desperate To Loose Weight. She Has Spoken To Her Doc And He Says He Doesnt Know Anything About The Diet And Doesnt Reccommmend It To Anyone.

The doctor needs to go off and do his research before he dismisses a diet...that is approved by GP's and pharmasists around the country. I've not heard of anyone else having similar problems...I'm sure someone would have posted if that was the case. This diet is done under medical supervision. You go to a trained pharmacist who asks medical questions prior to starting.

Please do not be put off by this ignorent doctor. I have a couple of doctors in my surgery and one asked me to take information in about the diet as he'd never heard of it and wanted to learn more. That is the way they should be and not dismiss something they know nothing about.

Tell her to speak to her pharmacist for advice.x

I had gallbladder problems during Cambridge (like LT). I did come off the diet until I could speak with the consultant, but he was happy for me to get on it....so I did :D Do check with LT though.

the program was originally used for obese patients in hospitals prior to operations so i'm sure it's safe to do. i would wait for the call from LT and be guided by them. good luck

ive had gallstones and gallbladder removed...gallbladder problems are linked to yo yo dieting and also rapid weightloss which is how mine happened several years ago

gallbladder problems are no joking matter and caused me to have an op after several years of pain, and having to go vegan cause became intolerant to certain foods etc

that said, ive had no problems since losing weight with LT and i was getting symptoms again cause id put on so much (15 stone plus)..since losing it the pain cramps etc and gone again

so id say the positives outweight the negatives

h xxxx

There are also a few hospitals that do it ..hope hospital in manchester, for one...maybe try rinigng them ... or Prestwich pharmacy hasan email address and have been doing LT for yrs x They replied to my email within 12 hrs and they are not even my chemist!
I am sure she will be fine tho ...altho thats just my opinion!

Back