Question

Gingernut

Hi
Thinking of joining sw but why is it that the foods you like are high syns like biscuits crisps e t c compared to ww where these foods are low pointed .Also same as bfast cereal why can you only have 28g as this does not seem much especially when starting work early
Thanks

On SW you have a huge choice of unlimited free foods, and portioned healthy extras which do not need counting... after that you ALSO get 15 syns to choose your poisons. A biscuit may well be 5 of those syns, but you have this in addition to a days worth of food - you do not have the biscuit instead of your meals ... on WW you get a number of points which must include the majority of your eating, the biscuit will have to have fewer points or you would have to survive on 3 digestives a day (and that would never do) - they are simply different plans, and they work for different people.

SW is a plan that tries to teach you how to enjoy a range of healthier foods - I have lost weight with both plans, and have no problem with WW, but SW has more flexibility and IMHO is a healthier option (although both result in weight loss)

As for breakfast cereal - I don't bother. 28g would not satisfy me, but a huge bowl of a variety of fruit, a yogurt (or two) would (possibly even with that cereal portion sprinkled on top) - as would a bacon/egg/mushroom/tomato/toast breakfast on a weekend.

Hi
Thanks for your reply yes i see now why the syns are higher as the free food is good for you and at least you dont have to weigh and count it .
I did ww for a few weeks and then my weight started to slow down and you had to be careful what points you had at lunch time and made sure you had enough left for rest of day

Yes - I remember only too well planning a treat dinner for 15 points, and trying to create a filling breakfast and lunch for 1 point (plus my milk allowance for the extra 2) ... let me assure you that on SW you will never go hungry unless you forget to go to the shops ...

No, but seriously, even if you have had all your A's B's and syns by lunchtime, you can still create a large, filling and delicious meal for dinner. with pudding too. It really is a great diet, but will take a bit of getting used to after WW.

Hi
I was always hungry and could not even snack on fresh fruit without pointing it .
How do you find the extra easy plan that sounds really simple to follow what about your portion sizes how do you controll them if there is no weighing of foods like ww
I like porridge for my bfast so could i have a little more than 28 g

Portion sizes on free food are a thing of the past - if you are hungry, you have more - seconds or thirds, it is all OK. You are filling up on low calorie healthy food - its OK!!

If you follow SW you will have to choose between a B choice (28g) or 2 B choices (56g) -or one B choice (28g) and some more counted as syns (that would need working out) which would come out of your daily allowance.

Personally? I would have the porridge (28g) as one B choice, and if hungry, fill up the meal with free food - fruit, yogs, eggs etc etc saving the other B choice for lunch, snacks or dinners...

Hi
So i could have my 28g of porridge then have poached eggs with bacon and would you still lose weight eating like this way but with ww you would have to point porridge bacon and eggs

if you are on a red day you can have the 28g of porridge as a b choice and the eggs are free, if you remove the fat from the bacon that's free too.

Back