Questions about RTM...for the future ;o)

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi!

I have a couple of questions about RTM if I may!

1. Do you still pay the full 66 pounds, or does the cost drop? Just curious about my future budget!! lol

2. I fully intend to complete it, but was just wondering if anyone has kept the weight off on their own without doing RTM? Seems everyone that has been successful in long term maintenance attributes it to RTM, and those who have put weight back on attribute it to not following it. But I have not heard if anyone has succeeded in keeping it off on their own?

3. When all those in your groups complete development adn move on the RTM, what happens to those of us carrying on? Do we join or form a new group?

Ok! I think thats it!

Thanks everyone!

x

The cost comes down per how many packs you're on a day £66 for 4 a day, then down for 3, 2, 1 etc - head too jammed to work out the figures - guess it's £33 when you're on 2 a day.

When we finished foundation, those that were carrying on when to developers group (where we joined with other developers from other groups) whilst those who were ready went into RTM. I'll be leaving developers in a couple of weeks to join RTM.

I have not heard of anyone who has lost the weight, not done RTM AND kept it off, and this is the reason why I think RTM is essential.

Yes - the cost goes down as the packs go down. Then, once you're off it altogether, you can go to maintenance for free weigh ins. I'm going to go once a month (probably for the rest of my life) in order to keep on the straight and narrow, and just weigh weekly at home to keep a check on things.

Hiya BL

The RtM plan costs £59.50 for the 1st week (£10 for the books), then £49.50 for the 2nd week, £33 for weeks 3 to 8 and then £16.50 for weeks 9 to 12.

A couple of people from our original group decided not to do RtM - 1 of them is still maintaining close to their goal weight, but did initially put quite a bit of weight on. She really upped the exercise and seems to be quite disciplined at the moment, but it's only been a few months, so will be interesting to see what happened in the longer term.

As for what happens when you finish development, I think it depends on how your LLC does things. I'm pleased that ours likes to keep her groups together as much as possible, so for example, at the moment it's just me on RtM, while the others are still in development. It's a shame I'm the guniea pig, but on the other hand, I've really got to know the other girls know and we all trust each other, which is important. I wouldn't want to start over with a new bunch of people.

Hope this helps
Monkey x

We were told last week that after RTM it would be free to come in once a month to be weigh and discuss anything.

We will need the extra money to buy new clothes - wont we. :)

I am definately doing RTM, being a sabator for years, I think it is the only way.

Another thought I had, is going in to RTM, we will be reintroducing conventional food, but in stages.

While we have been in foundation or development, being in ketosis is what keeps hunger awayl.

If I understand ketosis correctly, as soon as we eat conv. food, we will come out of ketosis. SO therefore, normal hunger should resume?

If that is the case, how are you that are on RTM or have been through it, how are you finding the hunger pangs, when only eating a small amount of conv food and the reamining 'meals' being packs?

Thanks!

Hi Blonde
If you stick to the RtM plan, then you stay in ketosis for the 1st few weeks because you are not really eating any carbs.
However, don't do what I did and eat carbs during a lapse cos it's really hard to get back into again afterwards, just like it is when in foundation / development, except your tastebuds have also got going!!
I've been good so far today, but for the last couple of days I only make it to the evening and then end up eating a cheese sandwich!!! I'm hoping the extra gym work will even things out...

Me too Monkey - had a couple of meals out at the weekend, and was less than saintly! I drank, and had carbs I really shouldn't have done!

Am back to plan now though, but a little worried about the effect the un planned eating will have on my glycogen stores - will they decrease again if I continue now on plan?

Am exercising like a demon to try and repair any damage done so should help I guess.

Lessy
xox

Back