Questions about Spices

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by GTPeach, 7 August 2008 Social URL.

1. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    I'm getting ready for soups. I stumbled across some cool stuff in the store, and if I am SSing and want to keep ketosis, which of these are okay and which should I not get?

Marinara sauce: 0 carbs/cals/fat/sugar, 350mg sodium, 1gram protein, Ingredients: water, tomato paste, salt, worchestershire sauce, sodium benzodite, sucralose, garlic powder, herbs, soy protein, xanthan gum, citric acid.

Chocolate syrup: 0 cals/fat/sugar, 35 mg sodium, Ingredients: water, defatted cocoa powder, caramel color, cellulose gum, sucralose, salt, vanilla flavor, lactic acid, xanthan gum

Chicken Seasoning: 180mg sodium, Ingredients: salt, monosodium glutonate, spices, paprika, onion, dextrose, silicon dioxide, modified corn starch, torula yeast, partially hydrogenated soybean and cotton seed oil, autolyzed yeast, garlic

Chicken Spices: 75 mg sodium, garlic, salt, onion, spice, parsley, orange peel, paprika, green bell pepper

Also, are things like curray powder, onion juice, chopped onions (dry), and garlic juice okay?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bridie

bridie Full Member

Start Weight:
    7st10lb
    Current Weight:
    7st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    hun th main thing to be careful of is how much salt they have in them as salt causes water retention. curry powder is fine but the others i wouldnt no. if i were you i would be very careful and use v small amounts on one day and see if you are still in ketosis th next day. thats the only way you will find out.
    keep us posted as it sounds fab if you can have them.
    xxxx

4. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

As far as I know-none of those would be ok :(
    It's a no-no to tomato, any forms of citric acid, salt/sodium and onions. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    I'm sure someone else will be along to tell you what you are allowed though :)

5. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

As bridie said though curry powder is probably ok as it's generally a combination of coriander, cumin, fenugreek and turmeric

6. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    I suppose it's a good thing I am a fan of curry chicken. ;) I have a favorite dish I might see if I can replicate the flavor of. They cook the chicken pieces in some form of curry sauce and mix with spinach and almonds. Very delish. Maybe I can add some herbs, curray powder, and almond extract to the soup to get the same flavor.... will have to experiment.

7. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
  8. Shadaca

Shadaca Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    What on earth is in those?!

They would be amazing (if we are allowed them!)

9. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    I've got no idea, but I'm doing the 200 calorie meal and was wondering if they were suitable for use over our leafy greens and protein?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.