Questions About The 1st Few Days..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Big_B87, 23 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Big_B87

Big_B87 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    1) Did anyone else have cravings? im seriously craving anything that pops into my head...especially carbs...bread,sandwiches, and the thought of toast is killing me!!

2) Did anyone give into the cravings jus a little in the 1st few days - a slice of toast?? if i do this will i not acheive wht i want?

3) When i was weighed - the scales didnt show my weight - i was to heavy for em!! has this happened to anyone else - or am i the only one!!??

4) HOW LONG TILL KETOSIS?! feels like forever... :( :(

5) I planned a night out ages ago - and its next week....drinking and kebab after...one night wont hurt surely??..or will it?...

HELP!! thank youuuu

Bal

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)

Hi Bal,

Welcome and good luck with your diet journey and hopefully I have answered some of your questions for you.

Love Mini xxx

4. Big_B87

Big_B87 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    thank youuu
    even thought i didnt like most of the answers...i know and understand your right! spoke to my friend earlier on about the night out..and said he would stick on water with me!! wooooh!

thanks again! going to bed now - hopefully that ketosis fairy will sprinkle some magic dust (in the form of one of the sachets!!) onto me....

heres hoping...

thanks..

Bal :giveup:

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]:)

6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Big

Yep - I think most of us had cravings - its the evil carbs trying to tempt you, and the best thing to do is resist, or they'll keep coming back! I went into ketosis overnight on the 3rd day - so day 4 was the start of an easier time, but everyone is different. I've stayed abstinent throughout the 18-odd weeks that I've done to date, and I think you need to do this for the best results. Its only a short period out of the rest of your life......the food will still be there when you finish!!! Besides, do you REALLY want to go through this 'getting into ketosis' thing AGAIN?? I know I didn't!

Good luck, and stay strong!

7. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    big b87 .... how are you today ? x

8. spannerpan

spannerpan Full Member

Hi Big

Good luck with the diet. I am in week 2 now and I went to the work canteen this morning for a cup of tea. I looked at the toast in there and didn't see yummy toast anymore (in the past I would have). I saw stodgy fat covered horrible stuff. It was dripping in butter and I thought GROSS. So yes it does go away if you don't give in.

And long term having a bit of a snack won't really make a difference to your weight loss BUT it will bring you out of ketosis which will make it harder to stick to it and lead to ...... ANOTHER snack and before you know it a binge and then a weight gain.

Just remember it is a bit pants not eating etc BUT the payoff is a lot of weight loss nice and quick. WHat do you want more? Honestly? The food or to be slim?

9. Big_B87

Big_B87 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    much better today thanks :) think im in ketosis..not sure tho...but not feeling hungry!
    whts those ketosis sticks people are on about??...

10. spannerpan

spannerpan Full Member

11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hi bigb87,

just wanted to say best of luck with your diet. im on day 4 and finding it v tough although i am in ketosis (i think the stick went pink)

im not hungry but just looking at food makes me want to eat it

12. Big_B87

Big_B87 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    todays bin better thanks becky - and i no the feeling! im not hungry but still craving my toast!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! lolll but first weigh in on friday eve....did anyone hav a small treat after a big loss??

13. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    No, I treat my self with non-food things now so that I dont use food as any kind of reward....
    I've bought a bracelet and the charms are 10-20quid each, so each half stone = 1 charm :D:D:D...
    But you can do loads of other things - hair, lipgloss, nail varnish little luxuries xxx

14. Big_B87

Big_B87 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    lol im a guy..so i dont think nail varnish will help this situation...lmao:D

15. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

Hey,you never know.

Alison

16. Delli

Delli Talks too much

good luck with ur weight loss journey big!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.