Questions About The 1st Few Days..

Big_B87

1) Did anyone else have cravings? im seriously craving anything that pops into my head...especially carbs...bread,sandwiches, and the thought of toast is killing me!!

2) Did anyone give into the cravings jus a little in the 1st few days - a slice of toast?? if i do this will i not acheive wht i want?

3) When i was weighed - the scales didnt show my weight - i was to heavy for em!! has this happened to anyone else - or am i the only one!!??

4) HOW LONG TILL KETOSIS?! feels like forever... :( :(

5) I planned a night out ages ago - and its next week....drinking and kebab after...one night wont hurt surely??..or will it?...

HELP!! thank youuuu

Bal

1) Did anyone else have cravings? Yes

im seriously craving anything that pops into my head...especially carbs...bread,sandwiches, and the thought of toast is killing me!!:devilangel:

2) Did anyone give into the cravings jus a little in the 1st few days - a slice of toast??Yes
if i do this will i not acheive wht i want? What do you want:confused:

If it is to satisfy the monkey on your shoulder yes it will...or if it is to lose weight, then no! The carbs in the bread will bring you out of ketosis and make it much harder to do the diet and in your case further delay ketosis...

3) When i was weighed - the scales didnt show my weight - i was to heavy for em!! has this happened to anyone else - or am i the only one!!??

No your not the only one...Most CDC's should have a scales that weighs you, failing that she could use two sets of scales, one for each foot and you would get a reading that way.

4) HOW LONG TILL KETOSIS?! feels like forever... :( :( It is a bit like waiting for Santa to come...Your going into day three and the Ketosis Fairy will be here within the next twenty four hours, could be sooner or a little later, but your almost there... that is if you do not break the diet.

5) I planned a night out ages ago - and its next week....drinking and kebab after...one night wont hurt surely??..or will it?...Drinking on a vlcd is highly dangerous have a look at this thread about it.. http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

You can go out and enjoy yourself without drink and kebabs... first time is the golden time and if you want to look good for summer stick with your diet:)

HELP!! thank youuuu

Bal

Hi Bal,

Welcome and good luck with your diet journey and hopefully I have answered some of your questions for you.

Love Mini xxx

thank youuu
even thought i didnt like most of the answers...i know and understand your right! spoke to my friend earlier on about the night out..and said he would stick on water with me!! wooooh!

thanks again! going to bed now - hopefully that ketosis fairy will sprinkle some magic dust (in the form of one of the sachets!!) onto me....

heres hoping...

thanks..

Bal :giveup:

GoodNight.gif

1238.gif
:)

Hi Big

Yep - I think most of us had cravings - its the evil carbs trying to tempt you, and the best thing to do is resist, or they'll keep coming back! I went into ketosis overnight on the 3rd day - so day 4 was the start of an easier time, but everyone is different. I've stayed abstinent throughout the 18-odd weeks that I've done to date, and I think you need to do this for the best results. Its only a short period out of the rest of your life......the food will still be there when you finish!!! Besides, do you REALLY want to go through this 'getting into ketosis' thing AGAIN?? I know I didn't!

Good luck, and stay strong!

big b87 .... how are you today ? x

Hi Big

Good luck with the diet. I am in week 2 now and I went to the work canteen this morning for a cup of tea. I looked at the toast in there and didn't see yummy toast anymore (in the past I would have). I saw stodgy fat covered horrible stuff. It was dripping in butter and I thought GROSS. So yes it does go away if you don't give in.

And long term having a bit of a snack won't really make a difference to your weight loss BUT it will bring you out of ketosis which will make it harder to stick to it and lead to ...... ANOTHER snack and before you know it a binge and then a weight gain.

Just remember it is a bit pants not eating etc BUT the payoff is a lot of weight loss nice and quick. WHat do you want more? Honestly? The food or to be slim?

hi bigb87,

just wanted to say best of luck with your diet. im on day 4 and finding it v tough although i am in ketosis (i think the stick went pink)

im not hungry but just looking at food makes me want to eat it

Hey,you never know.

Alison

Back