Questions about weight loss and week 3

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
Hiya all!

Last week was a good one. I settled down a bit with your help and some introspection to get things in perspective.

Weigh in last night showed I'd stayed the same. This is fine in itself, as I'm happy at the weight I am now, but I do have some niggling issues!

I'm obviously not eating a huge amount, and to stay the same is worrying me ever so slightly going into week 3 as I'm about to add even more calories.

Looking at myself in the mirror this morning, I do feel bigger, and scales show that I am 1/2lb heavier than yesterday morning, so I know that I've not actually put on weight, but my tummy looks bigger to me!!

I don't want to be put off adding fruit in, as I want to follow the plan, but I'm findinng myself having little bites of fruit and throwing the rest away, rather than having a proper portion because I'm afraid of putting on weight.

I need to get some advice about the amount I'm eating and hopefully get some input from you if you are kind enough to help!

Week 2 menu was as follows:

7.45am - LL vanilla shake
12.45pm - LL cranberry bar, sugar free jelly with large Muller pot of vanilla yoghurt
6.45pm - salad, consisting of mixed leaves, rocket, mange tout, courgette, spring onion, sweet pepper, celery and a protein portion of 100g of king prawns or smoked salmon slices with 100g (ish!) of cottage cheese, all sprinkled with chilli flakes, garlic and light soy sauce. (YUM!)
Then Total fat free yoghurt (150g) with sweetner and sugar free jelly.
9pm - LL vanilla shake

So, I'm obviously going to drop the extra shake at 9pm going into week 3, and thought I might replace it by some fruit, such as a handful of grapes, or maybe a milky coffee.

Does this sound a lot?? I worked it out on the Diet Plate and it seems that it's around 800-900 calories, which I think might be a bit much for week 2?

Any help gratefully received (AGAIN! ;))

Oh, and I'd also be grateful to know what your weigh in showed each week if you had these stats for RTM???

iam on week 7 now and i lost for the first 2 weeks and then have stayed the same for the last 4/5 weeks

Thanks both - LS, I'll try to keep an eye on cals, but don't want to get too obsessed obviously! I need to up my exercise, which was the plan and I was going to get on the treadmill, but I think that with this drop foot and nerve problem in my leg, better safe than sorry until I see the physio. I could go swimming and phoned to see when the baths were open, but Easter weekend opening means that we can't get there when they are!

Rachel, it's interesting that you've stayed the same for the last 4-5 weeks! From my scales this morning, I'm the same within 1/2lb each day still. Maybe this is glycogen going back on as LS says, as I can't believe you still wouldn't lose weight on such few calories! What were your weight losses in the first couple of weeks out of interest?

That's interesting LS! Yes, I agree, KD's answer would be very enlightening I think!

Did you automatically up to the level you needed to maintain then? Did you put on weight (albeit glycogen) immediately, but then did it settle and you began to maintain around the same weight?

I thought that I would definitely lose for at least three weeks or so, but no, body is definitely sticking where it is! That's okay with me for now, as long as the scales don't increase and I can no longer fit in my size 8-10's!! ;-)

Hi Both

Exercise is going to be key here. I continued to loose into week 5 but was exercising 4 - 5 times a week for an hour and the fitter I got the higher the intensity of my exercise. Poppy with your foot even sit ups will help or get some hand held weights and use those. This maintenance lark is by no means easy as I found out when I put on a stone just by taking my eye off the ball.
Remember your metabolism is slowly coming back to life here so eat more often. I am by no means as knowledgable as KD this is just what worked for me.
Oh and track calories that is what I did like mad, use nutracheck or spark people websites they are both very good. Sparkpeople is free.
Good luck I agree don't be too obsessed but being conscious of your weight is very good. I really struggled to loose the stone I put on and am now trying to loose more and its not easy.

Hi All
This is my first post on this site although i have been hangin around for a while. Today i start week three and fruits. I too have not had any big losses on RTM although i have yet to be officially weighed for the second time. My first weeks loss was only 1/2 lb. Sad thing is i have not yet reached target. I have only one pound to go!! Not sure if i am going to get there or stay there at this rate.

I know my portions are massive and going by your (poppysparkle) daily menu i am eating loads more than you are!! I just can't see how i am going to loose weight on RTM.

I have upped my exercise by starting to walk /jog lately and am consideirng bying a cross trainer (anyone got one of these/recommend getting one?) !

Typical day (NOT EASTER BREAK THOUGH)
8pm -shake
12 -muller yogurt-peanut bar-plain salad all 225g of it!
5pm -around 150g of protein and more salad around 200g (i know this is too much) with fat free dressing.
8pm-jelly and some natural yougurt
Usually dont bother with the third food pack by this time as am stuffed on salad and veg but sometimes have a porridge.

I ate more (mainly extra protein)over the Easter holidays but i allowed for this in order to avoid chocolate. Which i thanksully did.

I would appreciate if anyone has any comments on this. I think i may be on track for another 1/2lb loss if i go mad on the exercise over next couple of days but i am supposed to introduce fruits today so can't see how i can manage!!

Seems with exercise i can post net cals intake of around 600 but without i have been over 1000 2 or 3 times a week.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice?
Decrease salads?
Incease exercise?
Less yogurt? or am i worrying for nothing?
Help me!!!!!I was a perfect student on abstinence with big losses each week and now i am struggling so much, so dissappinted

Back