Questions & Costs

Evans

Banned
Hi guys,

I've been reading the Dukan book and so far I understand it and it sounds fairly easy to follow.

I just have a few questions...

Do you all spend more or less money following this plan?

Do you struggle to eat out following Dukan?

Do you find you follow the menu in the book? Or create your own meals?

Thank you for your help! I have been advised to do attack for 3 days and cruise for 56. Which is 59 days (same as my wedding count down) Then consolidation for lots more days!! I don't have loads to lose. I would ideally like to lose 14lbs in 59 days and then maintain this weight during phase 3!

I also read about Atkins (but never read the book) but it seemed quite high in fat. I know lots of fats are good fats. But Dukan seemed low in fats.

Last edited:
Yes I spend more than I used to, yes eating out a pain (oddly now have no interest in eating out, find it a waste of time and money so I suppose I can spend that in the supermarket instead). I did my own thing regarding meals but have used lots of the recipes from here. I believe in fats being healthy, but haven't had any luck with high fat eating, Atkins style, so I have stuck with Dukan. It's an easy diet, and works so well.

Hi and welcome!

I spend a little more on my weekly shop but less on food overall as not buying extras like takeaway or Starbucks I'm always on the lookout for offers and stocking up the freezer to!

I do eat out quite a lot but stick to steak and salad so I don't have any issues!

I would defiantly recommend Dukan the great plus being i never feel hungry so their is less temptation to snack on naughty things! X

Hi, I do spend more but it sort of balances out. I have two other people to feed so still buy bread cheese and that type of thing but not as much. A block of chese lasts nearly two weeks, where as I went thru one block a week sometimes less time. i don't buy crisps, sweets, pastries, bread, pasta and loads more which saves, but then buying fresh meats etc., means it costs that money.

however, I do shop around for everything. There is a page further up this thread that is Dukan on a Budget. it helps with ideas of what to buy and where.

Don't forget your oatbran holland and barret do a nice one and quite often have buy one get second half price, so stock up.

I have only ever eaten out 2-3 times since starting,. First one was a carvery and I just avoided the potatoes, had very small amount of gravy, but i did have the cauli cheese.....second was a celebration and I third was family outing, on both of those I had the only option easy to me, which meant the chicken was coated but the salad was good. Its a matter of balance, if you know you are going to be eating out, make all the choices you can for the good, make sure everything else in the day is very Dukan good.

The menu in the book is great to get you started but you can't eat that every week, I created my own menus, using recipes I find on here and google. Google is a brilliant Dukan tool. Always an answer somewhere if you need a quick response and don't want to wait. Also asking here will give you personal experiences of people, but remember we are all different and so what works for one won't be the same for another. For instance the tolerateds, i can't eat cornflour without a gain, but others use it in all sorts.

What you can do once you have a few weeks or menus, is repeat a week, or even pick the bits out that worked for you and stick with them.

Hi and welcome xxx Im a bit late coming to the party , but I find I spend more but if you read Dukannotsofattys tips they are very helpful. and as for eating out stick to salads and steaks and salmon as they are always on the menu xxx good luck.How are you doing???

Back