Questions from a newbie

Junebaby

Hello

I'm was on slim and save for a few weeks, i used it to get me started, but my ultimate goal is to lose weight eating "normal" food. After my first UD yesterday i really hope my eating habits change. One vice i have is late night snacking. So according to the website i need to have 2086 on my UD and 417 on my down day. By yesterday evening i had only had 1000 calories - so i went on a bit of a feast fest until 11.40pm, i still only managed another 600.
So my question is is that too low for my UD considering i have just come of a VLCD?
Is a day, midnight to 11.59? Or is there a certain number of hours you should fast for?
Sorry if this has been answered i did have a look on here and LowCarbfriends but i could not seem to find the answer to my questions.

Thanks in advance

Hello! I've been wondering the same re times of fasting. I know people on here seem to do a whole range of timings. I have tea at about 6.30, so My dd is from 7pm to about 7am the day after next ie 36 hours. Is that too long? I suppose we all fast for about 12 hours a day, tea till breakfast, so maybe the first night does not count, as I wouldn't be eating then anyway.

I would say don't make it complicated, have another proper up day, planned of course, and then move on to a down day on Monday. Will make it a lot easier and if you have a *good* well fuelled up day it will give you good momentum for the following dd. Hope that helps? Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Maccalenny - I guess my timings would be similar to yours because I don't tend to eat my first meal until 11am but I really have to stop the midnight feasts!
Thanks Hannata - I guess I'm thinking about this too rigidly, my body will let me know in due course what suits it.

Welcome to both of you. :D You'll find on here that after a DD a lot of us are in bed by 9pm so that we CAN'T eat....:D. Personally on an UD I eat my main meal about 6pm and may have a treat during the evening..chocolate or some cheddars or whatever I fancy but I hate to go to bed with a full tummy, I can't sleep if I do. My DD officially begins at 12 midnight that day. If I'm working my breakfast can be as early as 6am D or U day. If not then I may not have breakfast at all...D or UD. Its all very flexible on JUDDD, you'll find when you've been on it a while it all just falls into place..some days you will be as hungry as a horse, others days just not bothered, but you'll work it out just fine.

Back