Questions from a newbie...

KatieMc

After reading this forum i'm wondering a couple of things.

At my 1st meeting with my CDC on Sunday, she weighed me, gave me my sachets, arranged my first WI and that was pretty much that.

She did say she would measure me the week after because she'd forgotten her tape.

Did she miss anything out? What are these ketostix that people are talking about? And should my GP have been informed that i'm going on the diet? I didn't write down my GP's details or anything :confused:

Thanks

My CDC gave me a letter to give to my GP and a form for him to sign. I think it was because my BMI was 40. She didn't measure me at all, but then I'm glad because I didn't want her to! She didn't give me any ketostix, but I hadn't really expected her to. I know I can buy them from the chemist if I want but I've managed without them so far-I don't want to place too much store on what a stick says. I know I'm in ketosis because I'm not hungry.

Did she miss anything out?
I tend to have a chat with them about previous dieting experiences, possible side effects, goals, etc. Weigh and then measure (if they want me too) etc.

If you are doing SS, she should have taken your doctors name and address to write to him/her. There are other things that needs doctors signatures, but they may not apply for you, but if you are SSing, she needs your doctors name and address to forward a letter.

I don't give out ketostix, nor do I even mention them unless asked as they can be more of a hindrance than a help.

The first consultation usually takes me about an hour.

I assume you filled out a medical form?:confused:

Back