Questions on VLCD and CD

lipotrimmer

I successfully have moved from Lipotrim to CD. I have few common doubts/Questions on VLCD though...

1. Can I add salt and pepper to my soup?

2. If I increase the water intake from 4 ltrs to more, does it increase the rate of weight loss?

3. Currently I'm taking half of the bar around 12:00 and continue eating it in bites whenever I feel tired till 5:00. I have half of my shake around 5:00. Have the rest around 6 and finally my soup around 8:00.

My question is. Is it okay to have most of the food in the evening or should I distribute it equally to have good weight loss?

The last question is about CDCs
4. Is there a criterion for the CDCs to be one who's tried this diet or can any one become CDC?

Can anyone help me on these.... Yes, I know I'm still amateur on these :confused:

1. Can I add salt and pepper to my soup?

Pepper yes - salt no, due to water retention.

2. If I increase the water intake from 4 ltrs to more, does it increase the rate of weight loss?

For some people yes, but not for others. It's always worth a go!

3. Currently I'm taking half of the bar around 12:00 and continue eating it in bites whenever I feel tired till 5:00. I have half of my shake around 5:00. Have the rest around 6 and finally my soup around 8:00.

My question is. Is it okay to have most of the food in the evening or should I distribute it equally to have good weight loss?

You have your packs to suit yourself - if you wanted them all at midnight it's cool :cool: Just make sure you have all your packs each day.

The last question is about CDCs
4. Is there a criterion for the CDCs to be one who's tried this diet or can any one become CDC?

You need to have done the plan for a minimum of 2 weeks, and have a BMI of 28 or less

Hiya, its a no to salt (cos it can make you retain water) but yes to pepper

Apparently, the more you drink, the more you lose and I have noticed that on the weeks I have been fantastic with my water my losses have been slightly higher

I have always had most of my CD food in the evenings, so I think thats fine, the important thing being that you actually do have all the packs rather than what time you should have them at

For CDCs, I think they need to have followed the diet for 2 weeks and then done the training, and have a BMI of below 28, but I'm sure someone with more info on that will be along soon!!

Good luck with CD hun!!
Just out of interest, what made you switch?

Reasons for switching from LT to CD

Thank you D_Q and Kazz for your replies. That was really really fast reply...

I switched from Lipotrim to CD because of the following reasons:

1. I wanted a councellor who can help and guide me through this journey. In Lipotrim Pharmacist are busy and it was more of just handing over the packets and
I could not expect anything more from her.

2. Different flavours. Lipotrim do not have these many flavours and types of food as CD. Though I'm dieting I have tasting buds too :D

3. The cost of both the diets are almost same. CD is just 2.50GBP more than LT.

Thank you again...

Question on Ketosis level

One more question...I'm sorry to ask many questions. But it keeps coming :confused:

I am on the end of second week of diet. I tested for Ketosis using Ketostix and it shows only the first level of ketosis. I mean the .05 traces. I was expecting it to show darker pink. Is it normal. Would the level increase gradually?

Any shade of pink shows ketosis. A dark pink sometimes means you are dehydrated and need to check you are drinking enough. If you are, nothing to worry about.

So, any shade of pink and you're there.

BTW, I never showed any pink at all and I was in ketosis, so I wouldn't take any of it too seriously :)

The ketostix show differewnt levels from light to very dark depending on the time of day u use the ketostix.
If u test first thing in the morning (first wee) then it will be dark as they measure the amounts of ketones in your urine.
If u test during the day once u have drunk quite a bit of water then the ketones would show a lighter colour .

If u have been following the plan to the letter there is no way you should not be in ketosis.
Hope this helps u xx

Back