Quick advice needed on the curry in mag

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by frags, 4 September 2010 Social URL.

1. frags

frags Full Member

Im nearly done, and its smelling delish!! But its watery, does the fromage frais that you add at the end thicken it to a thicker curry sauce?
    Thank you for your help.
    Tracey

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Klick

Klick Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(24.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I haven't done it but don't think it would thicken it very much. I'd turn the heat right up and reduce down the sauce, stirring all the time. Then when it is a thicker consistency remove it from the heat before adding the fromage frais.

4. frags

frags Full Member

Well, as lovely as it tasted, it was runny so more like a curry soup lol.

Anyone know of a free thickener for future use?

5. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    You can use cornflour, which is 1 syn per tsp.

6. tarka

tarka Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't made it but just looked at the recipe, tbh I would replace the cherry toms for a tin of tomatoes and also drain the lentils (between the veggies, stock and toms there is more than enough liquid without the lentils water) and although it says to cover and cook for 25 mins I would cook it uncovered for as long as it takes to reduce & thicken (which it will do), even if it means cooking for 50 mins. I never follow timings given in recipes and just adapt to what it actually looks like. I might try the recipe this week (or a varient of) and see how it goes.

7. Tabbicat

Tabbicat Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World At Home
    I have used instant mashed potato as a thickener for alot of things, its always worked well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.