Quick and simple meals

What quick and speedy low syn/ syn free are the best. sometimes just aint go the time to prepare and need quick meal ideas to save the dreaded fast food/ junk food option which i too quickly fall in to the trap on a late night getting home from work

Have you had a browse through the recipe sections?

all my meals are quick - due to having a toddler and working full time, last thing I want to do is then cook!

I do red or green: Pasta with tin tomatos and baked beans - syn free (sounds horrible but love it!) stagg veggie chilli (1.5 syns) and rice, grilled chicken salad (syn free) chicken with stirfry veg and tin tomatos (syn free) SW chips, beans and quorn sausages (1 syn) or quorn burgers (0.5 syns) although the SW chips take a while.

Hope this gives you some ideas

xx

Tomato pasta n sauce with HEX of cheese on top (10 mins)
I generally have some cooked frozen rice in the freezer. Quickly fry some veg and egg and add rice & soya sauce - Egg fried rice in 10 mins

Jkt pot - cooked in micro then crisped up under grill - with beans (& cheese) Yummy x

i think a stir fry is so quick to do.. just shove it all in your wok..while your noodles take about 4 mins in boiling water..

Yep! Delicious, healthy and quicker than queuing at a takeaway ;)

Batch cooking is a great idea ... eg, make a bolognaise and freeze some portions.

5 bean chilli is fab and quick.

TBH there are hundreds of quick and easy meals - the hardest part is getting over the mental hurdle of ordering a takeaway. Home cooked fakeaways are great!

I'm batch cooking this time round, beef, lamb, sausage and pork casseroles and bolognaise, donein the slow cooker so it's no hassle and then put in the freezer so I know we've got something healthy and homemade for every day. I don't know how I survived without my slow cooker.

Hhmmmm really considering asking Santa for a slow cooker

Can I literally put it all in in the morning go to work n it be ready when I come home?

Am I being a dumb ass??!! Probably!

Can I literally put it all in in the morning go to work n it be ready when I come home?

yep!!
if we are out early in the morning.. i do it all the night before.. i just put everything in the actual pan of the slow cooker, cover and leave it in the fridge overnight.. so all is left to do in the morning is take it out and switch it on!!..
i just put everything straight in..never bother cooking anything first..unless its maybe sausages which look a bit gross pink so brown them off but thats it:D

if we are out early in the morning.. i do it all the night before.. i just put everything in the actual pan of the slow cooker, cover and leave it in the fridge overnight.. so all is left to do in the morning is take it out and switch it on!!..
i just put everything straight in..never bother cooking anything first..unless its maybe sausages which look a bit gross pink so brown them off but thats it:D

Back