QUICk HELp

Jewbag86

Ok so if I have a sainsburys Victoria sponge mix that is
139 calories per 1/12 if I work it ok
Bare with me
So a whole cake is 1,668 calories
1,668 decided by 20 = 83.4 syns is that right ??
So if instead of using it for sponge cake and use it to make 24 cupcakes
Can I devide the 83.4 by 36 to get 2.4 syns a cupcake is that ok or not ???? Using diet lemonade in them also if I added food colouring would that make a huge difference to syns ?!?

Well the working out part does seem to add up. What other ingredients do you need to add to the mix, is it just egg? I think food colouring is likely to be negligible as such a small amount is usually needed, but are you sure you will get 36 cupcakes from 1 packet sponge mix?? Let us know how you get on with them.

Your calculations are correct for 36 cupcakes. I don't think food colouring has syns. Anyway, you wouldn't be using a lot of it, so it wouldn't make much difference.

I don't see how you can use diet lemonade in a cake mix, but then I have never made a cake from a mix, so what do I know!!

It helps keep cake moist I made chocolate ones yesterday with diet coke and are delicious and 3 syns each :) u can use diet coke with cherry for taste ect u can either add or not add the eggs ( I add as help firmness /)

Back