Quick question re water

I do, but I don't think you should. My view is that fluid is fluid but I have heard that the caffeine in coffee makes you more dehydrated

Tea & coffee can make you retain water so no, I don't drink them anyway (4 sugars really isn't diet friendly so unless I'm out & trying to be grown up I stick to water or diet coke). I always add sugar free squash to my water & I don't count the calories cos I figure the benefits of the water outweigh the few calories for the squash x

Thanks ladies. I do drink a lot of tea/coffee, no sugar and count the semi slimmed milk. Do need to up my water and cut back on the beverages I think.

I count decaf but not ordinary coffee. The one cup a day I have isn't really going to make that much difference I suppose! I have started drinking a little of warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning and am trying to have the same before each meal, it's quite nice to drink and then at least I know I'm keeping hydrated.

KB x

I find it easier to drink my water from a bottle, I drink 2 litres a day which I do in 3 bottles but I can't imagine having 8 glasses x

Might do that too Lexie, am having my water in pint glasses and it just seems never ending. I do actually like water, but it just seems so much.

I dont count tea or coffee, but then I only drink Decaf Green Tea or Decaf Coffee, So I probably could. I think if it has caffeine in it it becomes a diuretic Caffeine Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Is caffeine a diuretic? on MedicineNet

I took Lexies advice a few weeks ago on the drinking from a bottle instead of a pint glass and it has worked (when I remember to top up the bottle....)

hobnobsmummy said:
I took Lexies advice a few weeks ago on the drinking from a bottle instead of a pint glass and it has worked (when I remember to top up the bottle....)

Aah I'm glad it worked, if I don't have a bottle I'm lucky to drink 1/2 a litre a day!

i dont drink enough water myself but i have always counted diet coke and coffee, perhaps i shouldn't have

poppy100 said:
i dont drink enough water myself but i have always counted diet coke and coffee, perhaps i shouldn't have

Try getting the sports bottle cos both diet coke & coffee are a diuretic xx

I was always advised water has to br pure ie straight up not mixed wi coffre or tea

Try getting the sports bottle cos both diet coke & coffee are a diuretic xx

i know i am always wanting the loo!!! i wouldn't mind i quite like water as long as it has been in the fridge and we do have one at work. will try the sports bottle idea thanks

poppy100 said:
i know i am always wanting the loo!!! i wouldn't mind i quite like water as long as it has been in the fridge and we do have one at work. will try the sports bottle idea thanks

Before I started the new food plan (I refuse to call it a diet!) I used to drink so little, maybe 1/2 litre of pop a day so when I first started with the water I constantly needed a wee but not anymore, took about 2 weeks mind x

I drink so much a day. I'd say between 6-8 litres of water/sf squash. I have 4 pint glasses of squash at a time by the laptop in bed and I drink a gd 4-6 litres at work on a night shift. I have to keep a litre bottle of water and bottle of squash on my desk at work. I keep the bottle of squash next to my bed too so I can just run to bathroom to fill it up. x

Back