Quick question- which laxatives can I take?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nova, 1 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Nova

Nova Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Really need to know which laxative I can take as I am having no luck and am uncomfortable-

TIA

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    senna

Fibregel - all flavours.

It might be a good idea to add 1 tspn of psyllium husk powder to your shake each day too

4. Nova

Nova Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    So if I got buy dome sennakot that will be OK?

5. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not sure re. laxatives, but you could add physillium husks to your diet and this will help bulk out your soups/shakes and hence relieve your constipation.

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I was told at my training day (March 2006) that the only laxative you could take was Ducolax as all of the others could potentially knock you out of ketosis. Plus the best preventative was Cambridge Fibre 89.

Has this changed??

xx

7. Nova

Nova Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Cheers guys!

Am off to get some before I explode xxxx

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I thought senokot had been confirmed by Cambridge as okay, but ducolax wasn't recommended.

I was also under the impression that only the natural fibregel had ever been allowed, not the orange or lemon.

Don't forget the fibre89 stuff from your CDC :)

9. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My CDC recommended Dulcolax only.

10. sash73

sash73 New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i've always used Dulcolax - works an treat and never messes with ketosis. Sennokot doesnt work well for me.

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Umm. Now I'm confused. Sure I read something lately saying otherwise:confused:

12. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

You might be right as I was told this back in January 07 - saying that though it has always worked for me and not affected ketosis.

13. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Sennokot is okay, physllium husks okay, Fybogel natural only not flavoured, but not dulcolax. It used to be allowed but several people have had severe pain and collapsed after using this on a VLCD so it is now not recommended. Prevention is better than cure so Fibre 89 should be used from the outset.

Once constipation is over then introduce the Fibre 89 daily to prevent reccurrence.

14. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for clearing that up CDC!!

I take the Fibre 89 and I occassionally have the husks and since combining the two I have not had any problems and I used to really suffer!!!!

15. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I made the mistake of taking Dulcolax - never again. It was the most severe abdominal pain I have ever experienced and it lasted 24 hours. I now use Fibre 89 as a preventative but it doesn't work as well as I would like. Unfortunately nor do husks so I am just putting up with it for now.

16. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Dulcolax is the only one that works for me but I agree with Kerrie - it can be painful.

17. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Tesco's own work as well as Dulcolax & much cheeper (the pack that looks similar to dulcolax)....xxx

18. Nova

Nova Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Oh well Ive taken 2 dulcolax now lol, Well I took them at lunchtime and haven't had any pain so I think I'm going to be OK, just waiting for the results!

Will check to see if it has affected ketosis late
    Novax

19. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You might be OK on Dulcolax - it doesn't affect everyone as badly as people like me! FIngers crossed for you

20. ponypony

ponypony Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hmmmmmmmm, dulcolax hey?

I thought I'd get some from Asda last night as I've been feeling a bit bunged. My fiance and I did aa experiment with a pint of tea made from 4teabags (don't ask) that I heard of on another site. Was rubbish, we just ended up with banging heads.

So anyway, I popped 2 pills when I was driving home from Asda. All was fine until about 3am this morning, woke up with mega wierd belly ache, went to the bathroom, started sweting profusely, had some scary diarrhoea, then was sick, then lay half naked on the landing as I was too dizzy to go back to bed. Bad stuff, not sure I'll be brave enough to try again. :confused:

21. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    when i first tried cambridge almost two years ago i was told dulcolax BUT not the normal tabs as they are too strong - - - ONLY to try dulcolax PERLES

I have taken one and it has worked and i have taken two and they have worked but with some slight cramps for about 20 mins in the morning till i am all empty

just my experience

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.