Quickie question, please advise

Lisa Bigger Bum

Hello, Well I started my LL food packs on Tuesday morning and had my pop in yesterday and I have lost 6lbs already. I was so very pleased especially as I have been feeling great, however last night I woke up at 3ish and I thought I was going to be sick, I drank some water and then went back to sleep. Today I feel yak and feel any moment that I am going to be sick, I have had managed a shake but the thought of my soup is churning my tummy. I will have another shake instead of the soup.

I am just worried, this diet is fab and I really want to be successful, is this normal? Has anyone else felt like this? How long will it last? I thought I had got away with any bad symptoms and yesterday I was told by my doctor that I have type 2 diabetes, I have found out a lot about myself in the few days that I have been doing this, so really want and need it to work.

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you x

You would be best advised to contact your LL counsellor and telling her that you have type 2 diabetes.

Why should blood sugar levels differ some days, when intake of diet and fluids are exactly the same for someone who is Type 2 diabetic?
Even when diet and fluid intake are the same, there are other variables to take into account. In Type 2 diabetes the pancreas is still producing some insulin, though not enough for the body’s needs, and production levels may vary. The body’s uptake of the insulin will also be variable. Exercise increases muscle uptake of glucose and therefore reduces blood glucose levels. So the timing of the blood glucose test in relation to pancreas activity, exercise, as well as medication, the last meal and stress levels is important – these can all influence blood sugar levels.
Note: oral hypoglycaemic medication should be discounted on the ‘Sole Source’ programme. VLCD lowers blood sugar levels and, combined with medication, could make them go too low. The risks from blood sugar falling too low are greater than those from temporary increased blood sugar – which will automatically drop on ‘Sole Source’, the adjustment takes place quickly.

source: cambridge company history

I am not sure of the protocol for LL regarding type 2 diabetes.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Lisa

The first few days can be rough, and generally a lot of folk go into Ketosis on day 3 or 4. This could just be your body's way of dealing with that. But as Mini said, make sure your LLC is aware of the D2 diagnosis as that is very important.

Hang in there, this rough patch should pass soon now and then it will be smooth sailing for you.

X

Thank you Mini, the doctors are not going to do anything with regards to my diabetes for 3 months and when they tested my blood yesterday the sugar level was already showing signs of improvement, they advised that it was due to my new diet. I will indeed tell my LLC on Monday, could this be the reason why I feel a little yuk then? having only just being diagnosed (a massive shock) and been given a video and literature to read, I dont really know much about it.

Hi Lisa

The first few days can be rough, and generally a lot of folk go into Ketosis on day 3 or 4. This could just be your body's way of dealing with that. But as Mini said, make sure your LLC is aware of the D2 diagnosis as that is very important.

Hang in there, this rough patch should pass soon now and then it will be smooth sailing for you.

X

Thank you for that, I really do hope so x

Its likely that your LLC will want a letter from your GP saying its ok for you to do the programme and to tell them he will monitor you throughout.

Its likely that your LLC will want a letter from your GP saying its ok for you to do the programme and to tell them he will monitor you throughout.

I really hope this is not the case, it took a lot to get them to sign the form in the first place. They are not actually going to do anything about the diabetes for 3 months anyway as its only just diagnosed.

Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow. :wave_cry:

Good side though I am feeling loads better just cannot face the soups thats all, which is unfortunate as I have 6 of the chuffing things left :doh: missed 2 packs today. :(

you can swop your soups when you go for your weigh in.

Back